Chapter Two~ "Just take it..."

"A-are you crying?" Someone asked. "Maybe I am..." you responded. "But can you just leave?" You looked up. Irene just kill me. Of course, it was Zane. "Why would you cry? There's nothing to cry about!" He said. "Maybe for you..." You uncurled from the position you were in to a criss-cross position. He looked at your wrist. "Y-you like Pinkie Cake?" He asked. "Why?" "N-no reason..." "listen, if you want it, just take it. Please just LEAVE ME ALONE!" You threw the bracelet at him and ran into the gym as the teacher called your name. "Y/n?" "HERE!" You yelled.
"I see that." Mrs. Greyson says. She continued calling names as Zane walked in. "There you are, Mr. Ro'Meave!" She marked off Zane's name on the attendance list. He fidgeted with the bracelet you gave him. Why was he acting like this. You looked at him and noticed something out of place. A small puddle of water was forming. Was he crying? First me, then him?
Your thoughts were cut of by that horribly raspy voice you hated. Gene. "Hey punk. What are you doing? He kicked you behind the knee, causing you to fall to the ground. "Oops! Looks like you can't go a day without falling!" Sasha says in a mocking voice. "Just kill yourself, emo kid." Gene says. You stay on the ground as he leaves.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Weeks went by, and Zane hasn't said a word to you. Both of you stay out of each other's ways. Gene's bullying tendencies got worse, and you became more suicidal than ever. One morning though, you decided to see what was up with Zane. Before you got a chance to find him, Gene did. Behind the school, him and the Shadow Knights were beating him up. "Your such a fucking weakling!" Gene screamed at Zane. He was bleeding from the nose, along with a busted lip an a bruise on his cheek. He was lying on the ground in horrible condition, and even though he thought you were trash, you did what was right.
"STOP!" You yelled at them. "Oh, look who's joined the party!" "Gene, I'm tired of you hurting people." You said with determination. "And, are you trying to save your boyfriend?" He said as he got extremely close to you. Zeinx pulled you to Zane and they began to beat you up. You managed to kick them away as you tried to carry Zane away from this. "Listen, I don't care, you can hurt me all you want, but you won't hurt Zane!" You said.

He looked at you and laughed. "I'm not giving up that easily."