Karde koyi...Nawazishe karam mherbaniyaa....

(The sentences in bold are flashbacks)

Raj was walking down the corridor, still contemplating about the events of the past few days. Something just didnt feel right. There was something up. He could feel it, but was unable to pinpoint what.

Naina was walking down the corridor from the opposite direction, feeling guilty. Accepting Major Bhargav's offer, in return to revolting against Raj had seemed reasonable then. Now it seemed stupid. But he WAS behaving so rude towards her. But then...

Both are walking down from opposite directions, lost in thoughts.

Suddenly they both become aware of the other.

Raj looks up, to see Naina looking up, staring at him.

Both are feeling guilty over their actions towards the other.

Mai abhi issi wakt tumhara mentor hobe se inkaar karta hu...

Sir mai apni problems aapke paas lekar nahi aaungi to kiske paas jaungi? Aap to jaante hai na mai aap ko kitna maanti hu...

Mere paas tumhare kisi bhi sawaal ka koi jawaab nahi hai...

Sir main ...main aapse bilkuk bhi pyaar..pyaar nahi karti...

Meri class me mere subject par dhyan do, aur agar tum nahi kar sakti, to tum bahar ja sakti ho...get out.

Sir..sir aap mujhse baat kyu nahi kar rahe..

They are both remembering the words exchanged over the past few days.

Both walk towards each other, staring, as if attracted by some unknown magnetic pull.

When they are face to face, both stop, still looking into each others eyes, unable to speak.

The corridor is deserted.

"Wo main..." both begin at the same time...

Raj : Ha, kaho ..kya?
Naina: uh...um..I.. (she stops speaking, unable to form a sentence, and lowers her gaze)
Raj : Wo main...I..um.. wo..pichle kuch dino se...maine jo kuch bhi kaha...
I mean..I am sorry for behaving so rudely.
While saying this, Raj was looking anywhere but at her.
Raj (in his mind) Shit Why the hell did you say that now!! All that for nothing now? I dunnoe whats come over me. I should be distancing myself from her. What the hell is wrong with me!

Naina : Sir, even I am sorry...mujhe aap par trust karke wo pictures aapko de dene chahiye the.
In her mind (Dr. Shalini was right, aap ke khilaaf jakar kuch hasil nahi hua, balki aapka trust bhi shayad....shayad gava diya.)
Aloud : aap..aapko sry kehne ki zarurat nahi hai sir....aap sahi hi to keh rahe the....

Raj feels unable to form coherent thought, after hearing this. So she feels I was right in...right in telling her to never come to me..

Raj is still staring at her, as if, if he stops, his workd might collapse.
There was so much he wanted to say....so much he wanted to..do..
Stupid, stupid circumstances. Why?? Why was he her teacher.

Naina: Sir....sir..
Raj : huh..ha..ha Naina...bolo..
Naina's heart skips a beat...he called her Naina today, after such a long time.
N( thinking) But why?? Why do I long to hear him call me by my name?

Naina : wo...sir main chalti hu...light out hone hi waali hai..goodnight sir.
Raj: Yeah...um..goodnight...and..
Naina looks at him expectantly,  her eyes urging his to say what is unsaid. What both feel, but are unable to put into words.
Raj : and...um..take care.

Saying this, with lowered eyes, Raj starts walking.....eyes misty, heart confused, mind numbed.

Naina turns, standing rooted to the spot,to look at him walking away....staring at him, till he takes a turn and is out of sight, then slowly, lowers her head, as a tear threatens to slip....and she dosent know why..why does it affect her so much....why does it matter so much to her, if he does or does not talk to her.

"Its because of bhaiyya....I want things to be normal between me n Rajveer sir, because only he can help me with Bhaiyya's case." She told herself resolutely.

Even as her own heart flatly refused to believe her reasoning.