Kitchen Excitement - Remus & Sirius

The exams got everyone messed up, even those, who never feared to fail something before. People would leave to study after their class ended and nobody would leave the common room to sleep until past midnight. Y/N was usually someone who would study a few days before the exam and not overdo it since she thought it would make her even more nervous.

Since the common rooms and library were completely filled with students, she would go to the kitchen to either study or enjoy her time alone. It slowly became a routine to sneak into the kitchen after dinner or even lunch. The elves would make her a soup or a tea, being happy to have some company downstairs. Sometimes a few students would join but they kept to themselves.

Today was different. Y/N was about to go to the kitchen after dinner, when her/his Potions partner, Sirius Black, called out for her/him. "Hey, Y/N! Slow down," he yelled out. Y/N turned around and saw him running after her/him with Remus Lupin, one of his best friends. "Do you want to study with us? I mean, I never see you study with your friends, and I thought maybe you feel a bit alone." Y/N shook her/his but smiled at both of them. "Actually, I was feeling a bit tired and I rather study alone," she/he tried to explain. Sirius looked suspicious, but nodded, "Okay, we will see the each other tomorrow in Potions?" Y/N nodded and said goodbye. Her/his steps fastened up, hoping they wouldn't catch her lie and left to go to the kitchen.

Y/N just sat down and a house-elf went to get some pumpkin juice for her/him, as the door was ripped open, causing everyone to jump at least an inch in the air. Remus and Sirius stalked towards her while looking like they were under a spell, being amazed by the kitchen.

"That's where you been hiding? And you didn't even think about telling us?" Sirius asked, holding a hand over his heart, and acted like he was hurt. "And I thought we were best of friends." Remus shook his head at his friend but turned to Y/N as well. "I must admit, it's amazing down here. If I wouldn't be afraid of failing, I would spend my afternoon here too." Y/N sighed and thanked the elf, as it brought the pumpkin juice over, "That's why haven't I told anyone. Everyone is stressed about the exams and it's stressing me as well. Promise me, you don't tell it around."

Sirius and Remus shared a look before turning back to Y/N, "We solemnly swear." They continued the night with jokes and stories, not even thinking a bit about the exams that were coming up. It was now usual that Remus, Sirius and Y/N would go to the kitchens in their free time when the two boys didn't plan another prank.

The absent didn't go unnoticed by James Potter and Peter Pettigrew, who followed them one night. Just like Sirius and Remus, both of them crashed into the kitchen, causing a poor elf to drop a plate. James walked over, scanning the room, being followed by Peter. "You knew about this and didn't even think about telling me?" Peter coughed behind James, as he kind of repeated Sirius' words, "I mean us." Never in her/his life, Y/N thought that exam weeks could be that exciting.