Chapter 2

"Okay, ok. I've got another one"

"No please no more." George has this obsession with telling really horrible jokes. What makes it funny is that he thinks they are funny. It's probably one of the cutest things ever.

"Common Eva. I promise it will be funny this time." We're at Johnny Rockets having lunch for about the 3rd time this week. George and I have been hanging out a lot and I really do enjoy his company.

"No George. No more jokes." I shake my head with a smile. He looks like a little kid trying to get his mom to buy him ice cream.

"Please. Please. Please. This is the last one I swear." He begs. We're the last ones here at the diner. I have the feeling the people that work here want us to leave already.

"C'mon let's go. You can tell me the joke on the walk back."

"Nope we can't leave until I tell the joke." It's getting late already and I have work tomorrow. He knows that. I at least want to get some sleep. So I just decide to give in. "Ok. ok. I got it."

"Ok hit me."

"What do you call cheese that isn't yours?" I knew this joke. It's so stupid. I'll go along with it to make him happy.

"What?" I sigh.

"Nacho Cheese." He starts dying of laughter. I laugh at him for thinking this is funny. I get up from the booth and look at him.

"Let's go." I offer my hand with a smile. He accepts and I pull him up dragging him out of the diner. He offers to walk me back but I refuse like always. He doesn't need to walk me back. I know his apartment is distant from mine. I don't want him doing that.

"I'm not letting you walk alone this late."

"I don't want you walking all the way to your apartment from mine it's to far. I'm fine George." I've always been the type of person to put other people before I do myself. It was just the way I was raised. If I had homework, but my mom needed help with something, I would set my homework aside and do whatever my mom needed me to do. And then just stay up late to finish my stuff.

"It's fine. You don't have to worry about me. I want to walk you home." I laugh a little.

"Of course I have to worry. I don't want anything happening while you're walking back."

"And you don't think I want the same?" Of course Eva. Of course.

"I can handle a long walk home alone."

"I'll call Cassie to pick us up, so we don't have to argue over this" I laugh pulling out my phone to call Cassie.

//George//

What is this girl doing to me? I don't do this with anyone. I usually don't have any girls that are my friends besides Cassie, but she doesn't really count since I've known her for so long. I don't get feelings for people. Why is this happening?

I've been happy around her. And I haven't been happy in a while.

I've only known her for a little over 3 weeks and I can't seem to get enough of her. And if I'm right then she must be thinking the same right? Nope I can't do this. I won't do this. I refuse to let this girl get to me, but it's a little to late for that.

I don't get feelings for girls. I can sure use them for a night then leave, but I never stay. I need to tell Matty. I can't keep this to my self. I pull out my phone and text him.

<Me> I think I like her.

Simple. He'll get it.

<Matty> Eva?

<Me> Yes Eva.

This is bad. I don't think I should of told him anything until I know for sure.

<Matty> How come I knew this was going to happen? When you get home we're discussing this.

I look up at Eva and she's still on the phone. She looks over at me and I give her a smile which she returns. She seems to be a little frustrated on the phone. She sighs and hangs up the phone and starts talking.

"Ok. She's on her way. Sorry about that."

"You didn't have to call. I'm fine with walking." I say and mean it.

"But I'm not. Just let Cassie take you home. You've known Cassie a really long time. She's ok with it. Don't worry." It stays silent while waiting for Cassie. When I look at her she's distracted on her phone. I take this time to really observe her. I look her up and down and can't help but just smile at the sight of her.

She has her leather jacket that she always wears and a plain blue shirt under with some black skinny jeans and a pair of combat boots. It was her style. The combat boots and the leather jacket. It would be weird to see her without either of them. Her hair was up this time. Not covering her face. She never wore makeup. At least I couldn't tell if she was or not.

"How did you meet Matty?" I ask.

"I'm really surprised you don't know this already." She says shocked.

"I seriously don't know." I say a little confused. Matty does tell me basically everything. We're hardly ever apart. I can see why she's surprised.

"Matty and Cassie used to date. C'mon seriously you didn't know this?!" She look at me in the most shocked face ever. I start laughing because I had no idea.

"I didn't know. I know he hooked up with her, but I had no idea he was dating her." She still has the surprised look on her face.

"You know you look really cute when you're surprised." Her cheeks get red when I say this and she looks down. We hear a car drive up. We both look and Cassie's rolls down the window.

"You seriously need to get your car fixed Eva. Get in."

// AN: Ok so I'm actually really proud of this chapter for some apparent reason. I'm sorry for the cliff hanger. Kind of left you wondering there didn't I? Well don't worry I've got a lot more coming. I'm sorry again of this is short, they will gradually get longer. I really hoped you enjoyed this and don't forget to vote and comment and I'll love you forever. Don't want to make this long so see you next time.
-Vanessa//