Suga x Reader

Hey ;) been a while ahaha
_________________
Background:
Suga and you had been friends forever and you're nervous because you like him but he seems busy with everything so you back off

But he's chaotic and is always checking in and notices when something isn't right. When you started ignoring him for a while, claiming it was for the exams coming up and since you're a third year it was important.
____\
When you didn't show up to one of their practice games, he knew something was up.

You'd always show, no matter what. Even when you broke an ankle, you wobbled over to watch everyone and support. Daichi could see that Suga was being troubled and decided to speak up.

"Hey, what's going on? You seemed.. I don't know, weird." Daichi said, apathetically.

"Oh, uh, nothing really. Do you see where (Y/N) is?" He responded, looking around before getting startled by a little bright ball of energy.

"Suga-senpai!! You're gonna be playing in the game with us for a while!!" Hinata said, jumping up and down with Nishinoya and Tanaka on his sides.

He smiled, and pushed away the thoughts of you not showing up, maybe you were just running late.

The game was almost half way done, finishing the first set to which they lost and brought their motivation up for winning. For Suga that wasn't the case, he was concerned.

The one thing you aren't supposed to do is go on your phone but he made an excuse to go to the bathroom and whipped out his phone when he was out of ear shot.

It took a few rings before you picked up and he could hear ruffling around.

"Hey (Y/N), what are you doing? Did you eat?" He asked, trying not to sound like he was out of breath.

"Oh- uhm. Hi Suga. Yeah I ate. Sorry I couldn't come to the game today I just- I'm not doing the best." You answered, and he could hear the grogginess in your voice.

"(Y/N) you've been acting really strange lately. I ignored it at first, thinking you're just changing but now this is just scaring me. You never miss games, and you haven't been talking to me at all. Please tell me what's going on." He said, putting down the foot but also trying to be kind. He was running out of time before he'd be asked with a million questions.

"I'm really sorry you don't deserve this, you're such a funny person and smart and caring. I'm so bland and just boring I can barely even pass English... I care about you a lot more than I probably said." Your heartbeat was racing at this point, indirectly confessing to him and maybe he'd miss what you'd say.

Little did you know in that moment his heart was soaring.

"(Y/N) I have to go, but I'm going to call you in about an hour. Please answer so we can talk." Suga said, not being able to stop the blush coming across his face at a rapid pace.

He hung up after hearing your small goodbye and smacked his face, leaving marks before running back inside the gym.

*timeskip brought to you by the oya oya oya buds*

It had been well past an hour and you were still waiting, not wanting to give up because when Suga says he's going to do something he will do it.

And then finally your phone started ringing to which you picked it up at the speed of lightening and hit answer.

"(Y/N)? Hey- sorry, my phone died and the guys wanted to go out to eat afterwards and I couldn't get out of it. Let's talk." Suga's voice rang out, comforting and making it all and all a better situation and your anxiety slowly eased out.

"Hi... what do you want to talk about?" You asked, twirling your hair around your finger, nervous.

"Do you mean what you said earlier? Please be honest I just- I don't want to be wrong." His voice hushed out, seemingly quiet but worry was lacing his words.

"Yeah- Sugawara... I apologize, I don't want to make your attention shift elsewhere I know you have tests and the volleyball team and this is selfish but I really like you." This was sped up and a lot choppier than you had practiced in your mind, but it got the job done and you could hear his breath hitch over the phone.

"I'm glad~ thank god. I didn't want to say it first cause I thought you were distancing yourself. (Y/N) I really like you." He said, and you felt the smile on your face grow immensely.

The rest of the conversation went crazy, you two just asked a lot of 'really's 'since when's and other questions and you could confirm that you two were a couple.

The rest of the team found out relatively quick. Mainly because Tanaka saw Suga give you a kiss on the cheek and a pat on your head as you parted ways to a different class, and he couldn't contain it.

Daichi and Asahi congratulated you too and everyone else was asking an abundance of question, but Tsukishima tsked and walked away grabbing a water bottle.

La fin :)
_____
Y'all omg I forgot about this entirely but I'm getting back in the fandom, please give me requests and I'll do them I just don't have a lot of inspiration:) I didn't edit this either so if their mistakes eh

See ya, C.J.