2]

"Are you sure this is a good idea Benny Boy? You don't know anything about her mate?" Well his friend wasn't far off with that statment, but it wasn't as if 'Benny' or whatever the tall male; who I just assumed was his best mate out of the whole group called him. It wasn't like he had anything riding on this deal though. He would just be rid of a very bitter girl, that didn't mean anything to him, I on the other hand had a lot riding on this one game because I told him I would do whatever he wanted.

"Yeah Benny Boo Boo-" Of course my intention of saying that had been to tease the boy. "-You better just listen to whiny boy over there." Score I was able to insult two for the cost of one. Holding the basketball under my arm with full amusment written on my face. The beautiful azure hued boy just seemed to scoff at my teasing; not to mention the face that the boy that I had called 'whiny' had made was pricless; was it smart to taunt two strange guys that I did'nt know? Well maybe not but just maybe Dayton wasn't so bad after all. Or at least at the moment I was slightly amused, didn't mean that I liked it here by any means. But the boy whoever he may have been did sucessfully help me forget about the tiff that I had with aunt May, this morning slightly better than the music had done. Giving a huff I shook my head no doubt the heat was getting to me by this point because I didn't need anyone. Tossing the ball at the blue eyed male who had talked me into playing, out of the corner of my eye I watched as the other guys went to take a seat on the bleachers to watch what would happen. "Well we gonna do this or not?"

Those seemed to be the magic words; before I knew it he had darted off down the court dribbling the ball as he went. Though his legs were longer than mine I had no problem catching up with him; years of running on the streets seemed to help me out in this scenario. Circling around the much taller male I rushed to the left, and stole the ball from his graps. It also helped that I had loads of practice stealling things. It was second nature to me to be able to get the ball; using skills that I had obtained while I had been a pitpocket. Dribbling the ball down the court I saw the opprotunity to take the shot from the two point line, and I took aim throwing the ball. The swish of the ball made me smirk as he stole the ball and dribbled it back down the court. "Are you taking it easy on me just because I'm a girl?!" From the stands whoops and laughing could be heard. Seemed like we were rather entertaining to say the least. Shaking my head so that I could block them out I ran back down the court after the ball, but this time it seemed he had learned from his previous mistake and switched the hand he was holding the ball in back and forth all the way down the court so that I wouldn't be able to steal it like I had previously. As he linned up to take the shot I jumped for the ball, but this is where my small stature got in the way. He was easily able to sail the ball above my head, and as soon as I heard that swish it was on like donkey cong because I don't like losing. Lily Ryans played to win, and that is exactly what I planned on doing.

~[]~

By the end of the game we were tied nine to nine, and we had agreed to play each other to ten. By this point I now had the full attention of all the boys plus some very unwanted spectators that had wondered over to see what all the commotion had been about. Sweat was pouring down both of our faces and by this point we were both breathing hard as we pushed our bodies further neither one of us giving in an inch. The ball had been toggling back and fourth between my posession and his, and I was ready to end this. I just needed to snatch the ball one more time and shoot, and I knew he would never let me get close enough to my goal. I would have to try a three pointer or I would have to risk losing this game and I wasn't about to go down without a fight. Just as he was about to switch the ball from his right hand to the left I saw the perfect opening, and took it. Swinging my small frame around the male it almost looked as if I was trying to dance with him, but as soon as I had the ball in my hand I didn't bother wasting energy trying to get closer to the goal. I just took aim and shot the ball. Trying to jump and hit the ball his fingertips barley grazed it when the familar sound of a swish caused every one in the stands to errupt with cheers, and my heart to swell with pride. I had just done the impossible. I had won a basketball game against a stranger I didn't even know. The group of boys that had been silently watching the whole exchange ran over to me congradulating me slapping me on the back as if I was one of them, and even hugging me; despite the fact that none of them knew who I was. The one who I had called a whiny baby, was the first to wrap his arms around me and tug me close. "Where did you learn to play ball like that?! You were amazing!" The blue eyed boy came over ball in hand with a huge smile on his face. He didn't even seem bitter about the fact that I had won, and for some reason not even getting a reaction out of him my skin began to boil. How could he be such a good sport about losing this game?