♡12 ♡

(Ethan's pov)
"Shit!" I ran over, "serenity!"

I watched as she fell back causing the water to splash everywhere. I jumped in without hesitation and tried to get a grip on her but I couldn't see her nor feel her.

The temperature of the water was freezing making me numb so it surely
Must be making it harder for her. I swam ducking under trying to find her. I didn't even care about ruining my clothes, I needed to find serenity and the baby.

I ducked under for the 5th time and finally grasped onto something. I pulled her up and she floated in my arms lifeless. I swam back to the grass with her in my arms and shaked her to wake her.

"Serenity" I mumbled shaking her.

"C-Cmon" I choked on my words. I realised this wasn't working. I picked her up bridal style while trying to call Grayson.

"Grayson?!"

"Yooo dude what's up?"

"Call an ambulance! Now please!"

"Why what's happened? Are you okay!?"

"It's serenity"

Grayson muttered 'shit' under his breathe and instantly ended the call to call an ambulance.

I finally made it to the end of the woods and onto the pavement and I watched as flashing lights darted towards me.

I choked her cheek and she was ice cold and pale, she looked drained.

Soon medics rushed out and out her into a stretcher, she must've been still breathing as they didn't pronounce her dead or cover her up but instead they gave her many injections.

"I-s She o-okay?!" I stuttered scared of the answer.

"She's barely breathing and we are going to get her to the hospital soon as possible, are you immediate family?" A doctor asked looking up.

"No, I'm her boyfriend"

"Meet is at the hospital and you can wait for her"

I nodded as the ambulance drove away and grayson's care pulled up and he motioned for me to get in.

At this point we didn't care, we sped
To the hospital and found the nearest parking space to park in. I jumped out and ran straight into the office where a lady was sat.

"Can I help you sir?" She asked looking up from her computer screen.

"I'm here from my girlfriend" I panted. Girlfriend? I never even asked her to be my girlfriend, fuck.

"What's her name?"

"Serenity" I simply said.

"Full name?"

"Serenity Grace Rose" I replied hoping she was already brought in.

"She's in surgery right now, you can wait in the waiting area and I'll get a doctor to call you when she's out" she send s reassuring smile. I nodded and walked over and slumped in a chair as more tears streamed down my face.

I saw Grayson scidding around the corner and his eyes met mine as her ran over.

"Is she okay?" He asked as he slumped down in the chair too.

"S-shes in s-surgery" I choked on my tears.

"What? Why?" He stood up.

I shrugged my shoulders and he walked over to the lady at the office. He walked back with both of his hands running through his hair and grinning onto it with wide eyes.

"Holy shit" he whispered under his breath then looked at me.

"W-what?" I asked.

"She's umm—" he hesitated.

"Fuck Gray just tell me!" I Yelled grabbing everybody's attention.

"They are trying to get the baby out.." he mumbled.

"Why?"

"Because if she dies the baby dies.."

"She's going to die?!" I Yelled.

Grayson just looked down not answering and I fell to the ground in tears.

After a few hours Serenity's parents flew in and were waiting with us at the hospital along with my parents.

"It's going to be fine Ethan" my mum reassured me rubbing my back.

"It's not" I mumbled.

"Son it will" my dad said sitting next to me.

"She's not going to make it" I repeated to myself and my parents exchanged glances.

"Why do you mean?" They asked in unison.

"The baby" I paused, "they are getting the baby out because they aren't sure if she'll make it"

More tears started streaming down my face and I looked up meet the eyes of Serenity's parents who seemed broken.

"This is our second girl.. we can't loose her" Her mother said crying into her husbands shoulder. I can see that her dad is more caring. He does care about her maybe he was just going through a bad time as well? They both need each other though, you can see it in their eyes they still love each other.

"Serenity's family?" An unfamiliar voice said. Everybody's eyes shot up to see a doctor stood there with a clip board.

"Sorry for the wait but we have good news" he said cracking the smile.

"Your daughter has been born" he said looking towards me.

Daughter. She had a baby girls

"You May come and see them now" he said walking away and we all followed.

We walked past a few halls and he finally stood in front of a door and gestured for us to walk in.

I walk in and the first thing I see is Serenity barely breathing on the bed with cuts and bruises. To her left laid my beautiful daughter.

I pulled a chair next to her in between her and my daughter, I was upset and happy at the same time. So many mixed emotions.

"She's running" serenity's mother cried will cradling the baby in her arms smiling at it.

"Have you decided on her name?" My dad asked.

"I like Grace" I smiled, "it's Serenity's Middle name"

"Grace Melissa Rose" i looked down at her and she giggled.

My heart dropped when I suddenly the heart meter went crazy. Our hearts dart to serenity and doctors came rushing in and pushed us out.

"Serenity!" I cried.

Her heart had stopped beating.