Chapter 10 Part Two

Chapter 10 Part Two

Emilee stumbled over to him. Obviously her heels were too high and she may have possibly been drinking.

"Excuse me?" Jakob scoffed.

"You heard me. Quit playing with this," she glanced at me, "thing, and actually be with the people you fit in with." There was a slight slur to her words.

"You were drinking again, weren't you?" Jakob accused her. He could probably smell the alcohol on her breath. It was hard not to miss. What did he mean by again though? Was it just a slip, him trying to get her away? Because she was, in fact, very, incredibly, uncomfortably close to him. Basically, she was pressed against him, pushing him closer to the wall with her drunken gaze. I felt bad for him, but I didn't want to draw any attention to myself. I looked down the room to where she had come from and noticed her friends had disappeared, and we were the only ones here now.

It took her a while to answer his question, as if she had to comprehend it first and then think out her answer before saying it aloud.

"Well I just wanted to have a little fun. It was supposed to be for after the dance but I couldn't stop myself. You know how it is!" she drawled, tracing his jawline with her manicured nail. He flinched at her touch and brushed her hand off, and tried shoving her away from him. She was a magnet though and immediately attached to him again, her hands around his neck this time.

He groaned. "Emilee, stop this."

She didn't. She pulled lightly on the hair at the back of his neck, trying to get to him. All it succeeded in doing was make him angrier. I cleared my throat to distract her some and Jakob forced her arms down, probably a little rougher than he needed to.

"Stop," he yelled, staring into her eyes.

The door opened and slammed shut.

"Yeah, stop it," a voice agreed. We all turned around to find the owner of the voice. Emilee squealed, before running clumsily over to him.

"Scott, baby, where have you been?" She asked as she clutched his waist.

He pushed her off and said, "I was wondering the same thing. Then I found you. With him," he motioned to Jakob. "Do you have anything to say?"

"I love you?" she said hopefully.

"How am I supposed to believe that when I found you with another guy?"

"Because I have drinks at my house and you're welcome to any and all of it once this is over," she smiled, kissing the guy Scott's lips hard and then looking at Jakob. I shivered in disgust at her actions.

Jakob appeared at my side suddenly. "Let's just go," he said quietly to me. I nodded and he took my hand, leading me towards the door opposite of them, the exit of the sunroom.

"Wait, Jakob," Emilee said loudly.

"What do you want?" he sighed.

She skipped over to us, before pointing a finger at me.

"Remember what I told you?" she asked me. I casted my gaze to the ground and nodded my head very slightly.

"You should just get out while you still can. He's not who you think he is," she warned.

"That's enough," Jakob replied. He started dragging me behind him towards the exit.

I followed, Emilee's words echoing in my head. 'He's not who you think he is.' Was it just her saying things in her drunken state or was it actually true? I don't know why it was bothering me so much, or what led me to believe what she had said was true. I also didn't know why my chest burned from my heart pounding when I watched her touch Jakob.