《10》

3rd Person

"It comes out from wherever to eat kids for like, a year, and then what? It just goes into hibernation?"

Y/n stood, frozen to the spot. The only person who took notice of this was Richie, who waved his hand in front of her face.

"Y/n? Hey, what's wrong? Stunned by my attractiveness?"

Y/n snapped of her daze when Richie flicked her forehead.

"Ow. What was that for?"

Richie smirked, laughing a bit, while y/n crossed her arms, staring at the boy. Usually she would just glance at him.

But now, she was actually staring. Taking his appearance in. Studying his features.

The way his glasses magnified his eyes, the way his hair sat, a mess atop his head.

Y/n couldn't deny that currently, she was stunned by his attractiveness.

Everything her friends were saying had been thrown out the window. Richie was the only thing she could think about.

He was the first person to ever invite her to hang out with him and his friends, and the first to not try and get in her pants.

Which, according to something Bev had said one night, was genuinely suprising.

He was the first one to come running when y/n was utterly defenseless around Bowers.

He was the one to compliment her on what she was wearing at the Quarry.

But he was also the one who complained about being stuck outside Bev's place, with y/n.

Y/n's thoughts were swimming, creating a whirlpool of emotions.

This had never happened before. Until Richie Tozier walked into her life.

As the thoughts drowned into the depths of her mind, she finally heard what everyone was talking about.

"Or maybe It knows what scares us most, and that's what we see."

"I-I saw a leper. He was like a walking infection."

Typical Eddie and his fear of germs. Stan, being the voice of reason as always, spoke up.

"But you didn't. Because It isn't real. None of this. Not Eddie's leper or Bill seeing Georgie. Or the woman I keep seeing-"

"-is she hot?"

"No, Richie. She's not hot. Her face is all messed up."

The group continued discussing their fears, but y/n's mind could only focus on Richie.

"Y/n. What are you afraid of?"

Y/n jumped, startled the sudden call of her name.

"I... I don't know. Richie?"

Said boy looked behind him, pushing up his glasses afterwards.

"Clowns."

°°°

Y/n sat on the garage floor, leaning her head on Richie's leg.

"Storm drain. That's where Georgie went missing, there's the Ironworks, and the Black Spot. Everywhere IT happens it's-it's all connected by the sewers and they all meet up at the the well-house."

Bill pointed at the Derry map that had a projection over it.

Y/n moved closer to Richie at the mention of the well-house. Ever since she stepped foot in the garage, she'd sensed that something was wrong.

"You mean the house on Neibolt Street?"

"You mean the creepy-ass house where all the junkies and hobos like to sleep?"

Eddie pulled out his inahler.

"That's where I saw It. That's where I saw a clown."