Chapter 2: The path

Last chapter:
Suddenly I dropped onto a bench in the middle of a dark, dead park.

I looked around and all I could see was dust, fog and melted ice dripping from dead, skinny trees.

There was no one anywhere, no animals and no noise.

I suddenly see a bright light flicker in the distance. I got off of the dusty bench and walked cautiously over to where the light came from.

It flickered again.

As I got closer I realised in was a phone. I looked around to see if anyone owned it but there was no one in sight. The screen had a layer of dust and looked like it hadn't been held in a while.

I picked the phone up and it was freezing cold.

The wallpaper on the phone looked familiar. I felt as though I've seen the image before. It was a girl. Brown hair, blue eyes. She was very pretty. She was cuddling a Labrador puppy.

As soon as I thought this in my head, an image of a computer recording flashed in my brain and I fell backwards.

The background on the phone. The wallpaper on the laptop. This was the same person. I was in disbelief as I stared at the phone.

I decided to try and open it.

There was a password.
I tried putting random numbers in but failed. I realised there was Touch ID on the home button. I knew it wouldn't work but I decided to place my thumb on the button.

Unlocked.
The phone unlocked!
My thumb ID unlocked the phone!
I was surprised and intrigued to see what was on the phone but I also felt like memories were coming back to me as I swiped between the multiple pages of apps on the phone.

*buzz*
A message came up on the phone.

The message: JULIE HELP I-.

Authors message: Hey everyone! How are you liking the story so far? Should I keep writing? 💗