The Start Pt. 1

Chapter 4

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Serenity's POV 

-The Next Day-

 After work and school, Barry and I decided to sit the kids down to start off with our past that they didn't know about

 After work and school, Barry and I decided to sit the kids down to start off with our past that they didn't know about. We had decided to tell them in chronological order starting with how Barry got into the speed force. We gathered up in our living room ready to tell them the story. 

"Mommy, what are you gonna tell us?" Dawn asked while on Barry's lap. 

"We're gonna tell you about dad being in the speed force." I said and they both clapped with DJ snuggling into my side. 

-Flashback-

A week after fighting Savitar, at night after putting the twins to bed we felt a pretty big earthquake. We rushed over to STAR Labs to figure out what is going on to find out what Barry needed to do with Iris and me arguing with him on why he shouldn't do it. Being stubborn he still went with the speed force looking like his mother while I sobbed in Iris and Joe's arms. 

--6 Months Later-- 

Cisco and Wally were out catching Peek-a-Boo with Joe being on their side while Iris was leading them. I was with Iris but trying to calm a crying Dawn and DJ. 

"They caught her." Iris said, "Need help?" 

"We're good, you should probably meet them near the front." I said and she nodded her head before hesitantly walking over there. 

"Come on you two, stop crying for mommy." I cooed at the two who just kept on crying. After a few more minutes the four came back in with Iris leading them on doing better the next time. Joe came over and grabbed DJ and shushed him from crying while I looked at him giving him my thanks. Iris kept going on doing much better with having to train Wally. I've been sitting out lately to take care of the twins but have gone out if necessary.  

Joe was about to go before grabbing some of my things with holding DJ, "I'll help you get to your car." 

"Thanks Joe." I said before walking over with him ready with Dawn. 

"So how are you holding up?" He asked while we were walking to the parking lot. 

"I'd be lying if I said I was fine." I said, "It's hard trying to take care of this two monsters but having you guys helping is easing how hard it is." 

"Seems like you haven't lost hope." He said when we reached my car. 

"Barry will come back." I said while putting Dawn in her car seat while Joe put DJ in his car seat. 

"Always sticking with the optimism." He said while closing DJ's door. 

"We work with people that have powers, I believe that optimism needs to exist." I said closing Dawn's door and opening my door to get in. 

"That's true." He said, "Are you coming tonight?" 

I shook my head before he nodded and we said our goodbyes and we left to go home.  

--The Next Day--

When I got to STAR Labs, the team caught me up on this samurai wanting to fight Barry and basically being more powerful then the three

When I got to STAR Labs, the team caught me up on this samurai wanting to fight Barry and basically being more powerful then the three. Which surprised me more is how Caitlin was back and I had to force them to give me the samurai information with having walked in during their argument of getting Barry back and not consulting Iris. 

Joe then said Cecile gave him a phone call saying that Barry saw back and being held over at the station. 

-Flashback Over- 

 "Well I think we should end there and have some food." I said when I heard Dawn's and DJ's stomach growl ready for dinner. 

"But what happened?" DJ asked. 

"What happened to daddy?" Dawn asked and looked at Barry. 

"Well we'll tell you when we get food in your stomachs he said and picking up Dawn while I stood and grabbed DJ's hand to then follow after the other two. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey hope you liked this chapter. 
See you soon Runners.