Daddy's Little Snake

*age 5*
"Daddy! Daddy," I yelled, running out of the house to Daddy.
"Taffy! My little snake," he yelled and picked me up. I giggled as he spun me around and kissed my face.
"How was your day, baby girl?"
"Fun! Me and Juggy read a book together and Sweet Pea kissed me! He's my boyfriend!" Daddy stopped walking and looked at me.
"A boyfriend? Who said you could date?" I giggled and hugged him. He sighed and kissed the top of my forehead.
"You're growing up so fast."
*age 11*
"I don't wanna go," I screamed as Mom tried to get me in the car.
"Taffy, please stop," she said.
"No! I wanna stay here with Daddy and Jug, and Sweet Pea!" Sweet Pea walked over to our house and started to tickle my sides. I screamed in laughter and let go of the railing. We were both crying. I hugged him tightly and kissed his cheek.
"You'll always be my princess," he said softly as we pulled away. Sweet Pea took off his dog tags and put them around my neck. I slipped off my ring and placed it in his hand.
"Daddy, we have to leave now," I said loud enough for him to hear from inside the house. Juggy came outside with one of his favorite books and one of Daddy's shirts and old Serpent jacket. He gave me the stuff, neither of us saying anything as we cried.