4.)

AUGUST
Friday, May 13th.

"Uncle Augusttttt!" Nayla screamed as I walked in Craig's house. "Wazzam luh mama." I greeted picking her up and spun her around.

Giggling and screaming, I laughed at her being dramatic. Stopping once I started to get dizzy, I sat her on her feet.

"Where yo uncle?" I asked handing her a ten. "In the backyard taking his medicine." She said and I busted out laughing.

He should be ashamed of himself.

"Your mama dropped you off?" I asked and she nodded, "I'm staying the weekend with uncle C so mommy and daddy can be friends again."

She explained and I chuckled, man was she smart. "Fighting?" I asked, nodding she skipped towards the back and I found my way towards the kitchen.

It's a damn shame they fought so much in front of her that she was damn near immune to it.

"Uncle August?" Her soft voice called, looking down at her I closed the fridge. "Where's Bella?" She asked referring to the dog I got for Sani.

"Sani Grandma watches her.. Sani hasn't even feeling good." I told her the best way I could. Pouting she looked at the floor then back up to me.

"Can I go see her?" She asked, "Squatting down to her level I poked her cheek causing her to smile.

"Lata on today afta me and your uncle finish talking, I'll take you ova dea." I told her, she started cheesing and hugged me tightly.

"Promise?" She asked holding up her pinky, locking mine with hers she smiled wider.

"Can she stay the weekend with me? I promise I'll watch her." She asked placing her hands in the prayer position.

"Ask your uncle." I told her and with that she ran off. I took that as my time to finish fixing my sandwich.

By the time I finished, her and Craig was walking into the living room. I cut the tv down and picked up my bottle of water and drank from it.

"You said she could have Sani's puppy for the weekend?" He asked holding her. "Yup." I answered and she started clapping.

"Told ya." She said wiggling out his arms and came to sit by me. "We ain't got no dog stuff." He added and I chuckled.

"Bring it from Sani's Grandma house nigga." I told him as I gave her the rest of my chips. "Nay you lucky you're my favorite man." He stated shaking his head.

"Tell him whatever." I told her, but she shook her head giggling. At least I knew she wouldn't be disrespectful even if it were for play.

"She kno betta." He informed grabbing the remote to turn the volume up. "Jus like you kno betta." I added and he knew exactly what I was hinting at.

"I apologized once, I'm not doing it again. I'm a grown ass man." He responded clearly annoyed.

"Hard ta tell at times." I added then chuckled, "Fuck you." He said and Nayla gasped causing us both to laugh.

"Uncle Craig!! thas a bad word!" She scolded like she was his mom, he continued his laughing fit.

"Uncle Craig sorry mama." He told her and she waved her finger at him. "No more." She warned hopping down from my lap and popped his hand, I couldn't do nothing but laugh.