Chapter 20

Chapter 20

~

The door closed with a quiet click and Feliciano sighed, slumping against it. He locked it and then slowly made his way upstairs, running a weary hand through his amber hair.

He saw a light coming from the bedroom and when he opened it, he saw Ludwig lying on his side, facing away from him with a pillow in his his arms, hugging it tightly. He shut the door and then kicked off his shoes at the end of the bed and then took off his shirt and pants before pulling on some shorts. The German was already in his pajamas which consisted of a pair of thin, cotton pajama pants and nothing more.

Feliciano climbed onto the bed and crawled over to his fiancé, fitting his body behind the German's larger frame and wrapping his arms around his waist, pressing his chest to his back and kissing the nape of his neck.

"I'm sorry, Ludwig. For everything I said." He whispered. "I didn't mean any of it. I was just in a bad mood this morning and I picked a fight for some reason. You do listen to me, more than anyone else, you make me feel like maybe it was worth not jumping so far into the water."

Ludwig stayed silent, his face still turned away from the Italian.

"I know we already went through the whole bet ordeal and you've proved yourself. I know I'm not just worth money to you, or just sex. I was wrong. Very, very, wrong." Feliciano tightened his arms around him. "You're not a drug addict or an alcoholic. I don't know why I accused you of those things when I know you're clean and healthy."

He pressed gentle, soft kisses to his neck and his shoulder, his pink lips slightly parted.

"I trust you, I believe in you, I can't live without you." He whispered, his voice soft and soothing. "I love you."

~

Ludwig let out a shuddering breath he hadn't known he was holding and just lay there with his arms still around the pillow and Feliciano's body pressed up against his. He stayed still for a long while, unmoving and silent.

Feliciano thought his apology hadn't been enough. Like Ludwig would never forgive him for his words and now he was just something to keep him warm. He wanted to say something but kept his mouth shut and his forehead resting on his back, between his shoulder blades.

The German let go of the pillow and slowly turned in Feliciano's arms, nuzzling his face into the crook of his neck. He whispered his words of forgiveness and his own apology which the Italian accepted and hugged him tighter. Ludwig pressed feather-light kisses to his neck, his collarbone, his chest, his lips, his forehead. Everywhere.

With a small, content sigh he held his fiancé to his chest and intertwined their legs as he ran his fingers through his soft, amber locks. He felt Feliciano's fingers running up and down his spine slowly, the tips warm and soothing to the touch.

They didn't speak, just touched and breathed and kissed; their forgiveness, apologies, and most of all, their infinite love radiated throughout the room, making their dismantled hearts open up and trust again.

Their lips found each other and they kissed passionately but softly, breathing each others sweet air. Their hands stopped roaming and just gently held onto what they held which happened to be Feliciano's hips for Ludwig and Ludwig's muscular arms for Feliciano.

Lips were parted but they didn't engage in the wild, hungry and lustful kisses they enjoyed so thouroughly. They just stayed like that; the only thing moving was their lips which slowly moulded together and the German suckled on his fiancé's bottom lip gently.

They didn't need words to express their feelings; just their eyes could tell a story. They broke each others chains and titanium walls and when they had access to each others heart; broke those too. Shattered one another to pieces.

But they could fix it. With their longing gazes and fumbling fingers seeking the other's hand. Communication is important in a relationship and they had trouble with but also had no struggle at all.

They like to communicate in gestures more than words and phrases. Both men were broken.

But they were fixing each other's angel wings.

Piece by piece.

~

I'm Yours

~