Chapter 1

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

      The word mad just got a whole new meaning.

     I pulled up my popcorn from the bottom part of the double decker table, my eyes intently fixated on the screen in front of me.

       It was the strangest movie I've ever watched. For starters, the characters were freakishly animated, as was the gore and brain bits splattered on the yellow walls. Some kind of FBI officer walked past the now crimson structures and saw the bloodied area. Just as he began talking something on his walk-e talkie, another freaky zombie, the product of my many nightmares to come, popped out from a window-like hole and ate the officer's brains. Just like that.

      I grabbed another bunch of popcorn and stuffed it into my mouth.

      I watched on in pure shock as a zombie took out a perfume bottle and sprayed it on a lady sitting on a pink couch, making her unconsious before she even had a chance to scream. Then he ate her brains. Another zombie unexpectly pulled out a chaninsaw on its victim, a crazy look on its face similar to that of a dog chasing a squirrel. It sawed the top half of a man's head clean off. Another one somehow pulled the brains out of a completely intact person with a hand vacuum cleaner.

     Zombies ravaged the town, eating people at a shockinly fast speed, outsmarting their every move, as if the brain eating suckers had brains of their own.

     A familiar doorbell rang through my ears, and i knew someone was at the door. I got up and went to answer it, not bothering to pause the movie. I tried to look through the peephole but whoever it was outside was blocking my view with his hand.

    Without thinking I opened the door, but to my horror i saw the creature of my nightamres staring back. It was over six feet tall with one bloody eyeball out of place, hanging from a vein inside the socket, and a very cartoonish resemblance. Just like the movie I was just watching. It was a very pale puke colored green in color. It's attire was far too luxurious for its appereance;  a black tuxedo over a white shirt, black pants, and a blue tie.

   I screamed as I tried to shut the door, but the zombie stood in the way.Before i knew what was happening, it lurched at me, and i could see it's sharp array of fangs and smell its putrid breath. That was the last thing i remembered.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

    I opened my eyes and saw a large ceiling fan, then the metal bedposts at the foot of the bed i was laying on. Realising I was in my room, I sighed, relieved. It was just another nightmare.

   Sleeping without the lights on is way off the charts for me. Why? Because I am paranoid with a fear of a creepy creep lurking somewhere in the dark, and pretty much everything else. Zombies, dead turtles, clowns, ghosts, monsters, blood, closets, skeletons, shadows, popping balloons... yeah you get the idea.

   But I have a crippling phobia that stands out among the rest: my constant dread of adults.I know, it sounds crazy. I just don't like adults: I can't hold a proper conversation with them and I get an uncalled-for shyness just thinking about talking to grown ups. I can only stand around long enough to say hi before i freeze up or awkwardy pretend to do something, or resort to the nearest excuse to get out of there. Unfortunately, the shyness only creeps in when my parents are around, and somberly, they always are. But atleast I happen to have an advantage around adults as they are, well, gullible. Yep, I said it.

     Of course, my mom and dad dont know that. I would never dare to tell them. Ever. If I had to name something that's scarier than zombies, it would be my parents.

    But a zombie apocalypse would never happen. Carcasses couldn't come back to life, and even if they did they still would go about eating brains without a motive. That brain eating thing was just invented by some bored person or a group of people thinking up of a new way to scare someone. Zombies aren't real and they never will be. It just wouldn't be possible.

     Or so I thought