WHY?!

( ~ means time laps)

After a few moments of silence I finally decide what to say. "I should probably go find my mom, she is probably worried about me." I lie. She never worries about me. His smile fades a little. I want to keep talking to him but the butterflies have come back but they brought friends. I stand up and hand back the red and cream bunny. "Thank you for talking to me and calming me down."

He stands up and gently pushes the bunny back into my arms. "Keep it. I insist." He smiles softly. My eyes must have welled up with tears and spilled over because he wipes the tears away once again with the same gentle and caring touch. "Besides, you seem to need it more then this store does. All it does is sit on a shelf and collect dust."

Without thinking I hug Jason tightly "Thank you! Thank you so much!"

He slowly and softly wraps his arms around me and hugs back. "You are welcome darling." After a few moments he lets me go and we make our way back to my mother. Before he leaves he taps the bunny and whispers in my ear "You may not see me but i will always be by your side." Before I can ask him what he means he walks away. I don't need a mirror to know that I am blushing.

~~~~~~~

Back at home I am walking around the house in comfy clothes and carrying the bunny. My mom sees this and goes off. "BELLA! I thought I told you no to that dumb bunny!" She snaps as her face slowly turns red. She hates it when I go against what she says, but I stopped caring a long time ago. "How in the hell did you even buy that without me knowing?"

I sigh and roll my eyes. I know that if I yell back things can only get worse. "I didn't buy it, Jason gave it to me. Unlike you he is nice, caring, and understanding." I shut up real quick. I shouldn't have said that to her face. I slowly look at her, she is redder then a firetruck. I could almost see the fumes coming out her ears.

"You think i'm mean?" She stomps over to me and snatches the bunny out of my arms.

"NO!" I scream and try to get it back.

She laughs and tosses me to the ground "I'll show you MEAN!" I look up to see her grab the bunny by the head and body. Within seconds she rips it in half. Tears stream down my face as she drops the pieces to my feet.

"N-no..." I quickly pick up the pieces and run to my room. Before I slam the door shut I scream down the hall "BITCH!!!" I slam and lock the door then lean on it. I sink to the floor holding the pieces tightly to my chest. My now red face is stained with tears. "I-I'm s-so s-sorry...." That is all I can manage to say before closing my eye as I lean against the door holding the pieces tightly to my chest. I hear a noise in my room but dismiss it as I drift away into deep sleep.

~~~~~~~

'I should not have fallen asleep with my bunny the way it is, I need to get up and... Wait, Where is it?... Am I... Am I being carried?'

My eyes are still closed but I can feel myself being carried and that my bunny is missing. I can feel the cool air prickle my exposed shin like little needles. I can smell the autumn leaves as they change from green to many other colors. I can hear the twigs and leaves snap and crackle under my captors feet. I slowly open my eyes and look to my captor. I nearly scream when I see Jason's face, his eyes fixed on something in the distance. I look to the open sky. Millions upon millions of stars dot the dark night sky. The full moon shines brightly in the distance illuminating the path that we travel on. The beauty of the night distracts me from the fact that Jason is looking at me as he carries me the same was a groom would carry a bride over the thresh-hold. After a few moments I look back to Jason and realize he knows I'm awake. Panicked I start to squirm, wiggle and struggle against his hold. I realize I am not bound in any way. My struggles only make him hold me tighter to him. "BELLA, please stop moving like that. You are going to make me drop you." His hold is so tight on me, and his voice soft, sweet, and full of concern. I stop moving as quickly as I started. The fear must be obvious because his sweet smile fades into a sour frown. "What is the matter Bella? Are you afraid of me?" His eyes seem to glow.

"N-No... Well, a little..." I struggle to speak but it is more of a squeak. To be honest, I am terrified. He kidnapped me, how am I supposed to not be afraid?

"B-But why?" He sounds a little sad and angry at the same time.

"W-where are we going? W-what d-do you want?" I remember my bunny "Where is my bunny!? I... I need to fix it!" Tears start streaming down my face but the next thing I know, one of his hands are over my eyes. I try to keep my eyes open but he manages to force them shut. I'm not sure what he did but when he removes his hand my eyes stay shut.

"Please, Bella, trust me" I hear a door open, we walk into where ever he is taking me, then it shuts.