mr. smooth guy x zion kuwonu

EDITED

dedicated to @emaaaniii aka kuwonoraga on insta

------------------------------------------------

You were forced to go to some meetup with your little sister. She's 10 and absolutely obsessed with this boy band, who you don't even know the name of.

She talks about them so much. 

I mean most of the time you tone her out, so you don't hear anything she says, but honestly, right now you don't want to.

You know nothing about this band, who they are, and even what the look like.

For all you know they could be 14 year old boys that barely even hit puberty. If it's not obvious enough, you really don't want to be here.

It's not like you exactly had a choice however. Both of your parents were working and you were the only one home that could drive.

The whole car ride, your little sister wouldn't shut up and was blaring the same 4 songs over and over again.

You basically had them memorized by now.

You finally arrive at the venue and you step out of the car, straightening your champion t-shirt that you have tucked into your ripped high waisted shorts.

"Come on Mani, we're going to miss them!" your little sister says dragging you by the arm.

You hated the nickname she gave you. You would've liked it if she hadn't used it so much, but that's literally all she calls you and all she has called you her whole life.

"Stop calling me that. And we aren't going to be late, you made me leave 2 hours earlier, and now we are 2 hours earlier than we even need to be, remember?"

You say putting emphasis on the '2 hours'

It's true. You were the first people here. Well besides the tour buses that were obviously for the guys.

Since yall were here so early, the management let you into the venue, considering it was so hot outside.

You walk in and follow your sister to the front of the building where all the guys on the stage stood.

Ok, they are definitely not 14 year old boys, they were hot.

Like seriously.

You sat down on the floor and went on your phone, trying to block out your sisters screaming over how all the guys were greeting her.

"Hey uh, you must be her sister?" a guy asks

You look up and see a really cute, bronzed skin guy with blonde tipped dreads.

He was the hottest for sure.

"Uh yea. She kinda dragged me out here. Not to be rude, but I never heard of yall before. She's obsessed, but me, not as much." you say gesturing to your younger sister.

"Well now that you're here, I hope you like what you see. I mean I certainly do. Your shirt is awesome. I guess we have the same sense of style." he says tugging at his champion shirt as well.

They were both different designs, but champion nonetheless.

"If I didn't know better, I'd say you were lowkey flirting. Too bad I don't know your name" you reply

"Oh well if you want to know, my name is Zion, but I'm more interested in what your name is." he smirks playfully

"Oh ok Mr. Smooth Guy" you laugh "I'm Emani." you say brushing your hair out of your face

"Alright Mani. Can I have your number? Wouldn't want to lose the obvious connection we have." he chuckles

For some reason, the nickname you hated all these years just sounded right coming out of his mouth.

"Nicknames already? And yea here." you reach out for his phone, smiling while typing in your number.

"Hey you started it with the Mr. Smooth Guy."

"Ok true, but Mr. Smooth Guy, you have a concert to do." you say

"That's right I do. Hopefully I'll see you afterward." he winks and walks away

You smile down at your phone as you get a notification

Text from Unknown

'It was nice running into Mani;)'

It might say unknown but you knew exactly who it was.

'You too Smooth Guy;)'