Chapter 9

Maggy and Ravin sat in silence.  The only sound was Ravin's heavy breathing.

Maggy didn't know what to do.  Every thing was topsy tervy just because she had to make a friend.  She shook her head violently trying to clear her head. 

Just then she heard a knock on the wall.  Slowly the entrance opened and, by some miracle Jordan came through the door.  Maggy almost laughed when she remembered her curse. 

Jordan smiled and came running towards her.  " Don't touch me!"  Maggy yelped.  Jordan froze.  " Go help Ravin and get out of here."

" What what are you talking about?"

" What ever she touches turns to gold."  Ravin said weakly.  " If you free her you have to be careful."

Maggy scowled at her. " Don't touch me I'll make sure you turn to gold if you do.  You get Ravin and high trail or out of here."  She growled.  Jordan stared at her for a moment then ran over to Ravin.  In no time Ravin was loose.  But he lost his main support.  He fell to the ground in a unnatural lump.  Jordan had to help him back up. He tried to support himself do he wouldn't squish her but he really want much help.

" Agent Seals are you alright?"  An officer asked as he rushed over to help Jordan.  Ravin barely managed a nod.  The officer pulled out his radio.  "We found the captives.  Agent Seals isn't looked to hot.  Bring in the paramedics.  And send someone down here the girl needs some help.  She doesn't look hurt just needs some help out of here." 

Maggy didn't like that.  She wanted to warn the officer and make him cancel that call but it was to late.

She yanked on her wrists hoping to pull them free but all she got was sore wrists.  She heard foot steps rushing down the stairs.

Then Stilt walked into the room.  She was scared but relieved all at the same time.  He quickly released her and drug her out of the room.  They almost made it  when the S.W.A.T.T team blocked their escape.  " Let go of the girl and step forward." One of the men ordered.  Stilt shook his head.

" This girl is rightfully mine and no one will take her away from me." He growled.  The man pointed his rifle. 

"I will be forced to shoot if you do not cooperate."  The man said calmly, yet forcefully.  Stilt was about to say something when Maggy stepped forward. 

" Leave him alone.  He just wants me."

The man looked stunned but Stilt looked pleased.  The man picked up his radio.  " We need back up."  He mumbled.  Maggy shook her head. 

" No hooks don't understand!" 

But no one listened.  Men pushed by her and grabbed her father.  She wanted to stop them but she desperately didn't want to turn anyone to gold.  So she just sat there.  Some how she knew that dooms day was close at hand.