remember the dancing?

✧✦✧

✧✦✧

do you remember going to your brother's wedding? it was small, very intimate, and lovely. i hadn't smelled perfume on you in months, just the cologne that i bought for you. either you were more careful, or you put it all to an end. i always hoped for the latter.

"you look absolutely stunning, baby," i got chills from your voice. why did you do that to me?

it was out of town, and we had to stay at a hotel to make it an easy weekend. you and your father would have gotten into it if we stayed with them. i felt embarrassed. how could you take me to your brother's wedding where your entire family would be?

you introduced me to others as your "wonderful girlfriend" the entire night. it made me feel like you were proud of me. harry, how wonderful could i be if i wasn't the one whose perfume lingered on your clothes? clearly not very if you sought for something outside of our relationship at one point.

but i forced every rotten thought out of my head because you were holding me, and we were dancing and we were happy. your eyes were shining like your smile and harry, you were my piece of heaven. we ignored everyone around us as your arms were around my waist swaying us to the soft music.

"i care about you more than anything in this world, you know that right?," you told me as i rested my head on your chest while we swayed. i nodded my head, hoping to convince myself that you were being true to me. is that what you do to things you care about? is that what you do to people you care about? yet again, i believed your pretty lies because they were more appealing than the revolting truth.

you couldn't admit to your faults, but i'll admit mine. i forgave you every time, too afraid of losing you. were you afraid of losing me too? is that why you never owned up to your actions? maybe that was the case, or maybe you really were more lonely than me, and needed someone to always be there and used me for that. it's okay, as long as you were there.

that was a great night. we were tipsy and laughing far too hard at us tripping over our own feet. it was great because it was your cologne i smelled as your body neared mine, and your eyes trailed up and down my body like you always did.

i thought you were going to kiss me, but instead your forehead touched mine. harry, did you let your shield down? i swore i saw real, raw emotions in your eyes that i had missed. you pulled out your phone from the inner pocket of your jacket, and soon slow music filled our hotel room. you gripped my waist and placed your forehead on mine again as you swayed our bodies in the small empty space of the rooms.

harry, how did you get so good at dancing? especially when the dance was around the truth.