epilogue

x

x

✧✦✧

✧✦✧

i woke up for work like any other day, except i was still a bit hungover from the night out with jen. i made sure to toss the bottle of painkillers in my purse before i left. my new apartment was closer to work which became quite helpful since i became my boss's new apprentice in a way with my promotions.

arriving at work and seeing jen looking even more miserable than me made me laugh because i knew she hardly had as much to drink as me. i sat at my desk and reviewed photos from a shoot that phoebe, my boss, had gone to. they were phenomenal and she was in such high demand she became so busy which led to me earning some jobs that she couldn't make it to.

"shit!" phoebe's stressed voice rang through the office. we all knew to leave phoebe alone when she was stressed because none of us wanted to lose our heads. strange how the sweetest people can change with a simple emotion flooding their brain.

jen poked her head through my office door and sent a big, cheesy grin my way before heading out and down the hall toward the madness of phoebe.

my life had gone through tremendous changes, and i could easily admit they were for the better. allowing myself to feel happy and in love with life was strange at first because i had been so deprived of it. i used to allow myself to believe that i deserved all of the pain.

you're a big shot business mogul out there doing big things for yourself professionally. i always knew you'd be great, harry. i always believed in you.

i used to hate you because i was still drowning and forced under by the love i had for you, but i escaped the cruel tides of your ocean and could finally breathe and inhale the fresh air i longed for.

everything began to feel different. the sun on my skin didn't tingle with discomfort the air didn't feel thick and filled with self hatred. sleep didn't feel like a trap my mind played on me to remind me of what used to be. life was no longer a game to be won, just an experience to be loved. harry, thank you for that experience.