New Year's Eve

December 31

She woke up at noon. She walked out in her pajamas after going to the bathroom. Her hair was in a messy bun and she was prepared for a nice day in until around 6 where she would probably start getting ready. She walked out of her room excepting to be greeted by Kurt not hundreds of people setting up.

"Kurt. Kurt! Kurt!" Rachel yelled across the apartment.

"Yes Rachel." Kurt says appearing behind her.

"What's going on?'' She asks eager to eat her breakfast.

"There setting up."

"At 12?"

"They need to set up the bar and the food. They're also putting in a huge TV." Kurt explains.

"They're putting in a TV?" She asked confused.

"How else are we going to watch the ball drop?"

"With the TV we already have."

"That's too small."

"Where am I going to eat my breakfast?" She asked getting even more hungry.

"I put it in your room you must have passed by it." He says as she is now walking to her room. "By ready by 6:30. Some people like to get here early."

She continued to walk to her room and drank her coffee and eat her Honey Bunches of Oats. She goofed around in her room trying to avoid the chaos until Kurt came in asking if she could go down to the corner store and get a couple bags of ice with him. So, she bundled up in a coat and walked down to the corner store and bought 5 bags of ice and walked back up to the apartment. She went back to her room and caught up on any work she had till her laptop read 5:57. She picked out her clothes. She put on a black t-shirt then a white tuxedo jacket then buttoning one button. She then put on a pair of black shorts now that the heat was back on in their building and she leaved with Kurt who was guaranteed to turn the heat all the way up. She then fixed her hair, so it was in curls and then put on her Rachel necklace. Lastly, she did her makeup and then walked out to see Kurt and about 100 other people. Realizing she was in there for longer then she thought. It was about 7:00 and she was really wishing that Quinn was here and Santana wasn't drunk out of her mind. Kurt was sucking Blaine's face and she remembered the last date she went on.

It was two weeks ago, and Kurt set it up. She had previously met him at the diner a couple of times after their shifts overlapped. Kurt knew him from school and insisted they went out. The went to a diner near where he lived, she doesn't get why he didn't just worked there, but he later explained that he used to live near the diner where they worked at (The Spotlight Diner) but later moved after he moved out of he's ex-girlfriend's place. They talked to The Morning Glory Diner (where they were having the date) closed. He walked her home, including taking the subway, and then when they were a block away from her apartment he begged her to have sex with him in the middle of the street with his mother watching. The mother who she had learned at dinner died three years ago.

Her last long-time relationship was with Brody Weston. She was blind for love and didn't realize that he was a gigolo. Thank you, Santana's Mexican Third Eye, before then it was Jesse St. James, but that was back in high school. She also had many other relationships, but none had reached past 6 months other than Brody and Jesse. She had a midnight kiss with both, but mainly because Kurt had forced her to have a midnight kiss. He forced everyone to kiss at midnight. Unless you were him and Blaine last year, having sex, repeatedly.

She waited around looking for something to do. She defiantly need a drink, but she need to talk to Kurt first about the midnight kiss. Blaine would need to get his usual beer before 8 so she wouldn't think it would take too long. Blaine always got a beer before 8 because that of course was when Dick Clark's Rockin' Eve started, and Kurt would get all excited. She always knew he had a secret crush on Andy Cohen, who was recently added to the show after Kathy Griffin got fired. He loves his Bravo.

She looked around the room and caught her eye on a tall man standing at the bar who was staring at her. Once he noticed she was looking at him he looked away like he was staring at everything else. She notices Blaine going to get his beer and she rushes to Kurt before Blaine could get back to him.

"Hey...um...is this midnight kiss thing still going to happen?" She asks hoping and praying in her mind that it's a no.

"Rachel you're not getting away with this again. Okay?"

"What is your obsession with this?" She wanted to know the real reason. Even though she already knew.

"It's romantic. Blaine and I had our first kiss at midnight."

"Oh." She says now getting it.

"I got to go Andy Cohen is about to be on." He says getting excited.

"Don't tell Blaine that!" She yells as he ran to Blaine.

She went through the night watching the New Year's Eve Special on the living room couch. She sipped on water all night and had the occasional chug of water. A couple then started making out next to her and then on her. She then realized it was a drunk Santana and an equally as drunk Brittany. She quickly got up and checked her phone. The time was 11:46 and she needed to find a midnight kiss. She looked around and saw blonde guy. Sam, she remembers him. Mercedes and him use to date. They broke up due to long distance. Mercedes use to live in LA and Sam lived in NYC. She starts walking up to him. Preparing to be embarrassed by him saying no. Guys tend to say no to her. She continued to walk up to him until she says Mercedes walk up to him bring him into a warm embrace. She stops and looked around again. She then sees the tall guy again. This time talking to the bartender.

"Just go for it." Santana says walking into a room with Brittany.

"You can do it Rachel. Believe in yourself." Brittany says joining Santana.

Suddenly she became confident. "Just do it Rachel." She thinks to herself. She walks towards the bar. Telling herself she could do it. She stopped and checked how much time she had left. 11:59. She didn't have much time. You can do it.

She walks up to the bar and stands right next to the guy. "Two amaretto sour please, virgin." She says to the bartender. The tall guy then looks down at her towering over her short self. "I'm Rachel by the way. I saw you staring at me early. You're Kurt's brother, right?" He then nods. "So...the ball's about to drop...are you coming?" She asks grapping he's hand. "Come on!" She says as they run towards the living room.

"7...6...5...4..." Everyone chants. She reaches up and grabs his head and pulls him down.

"3...2...1!"