001

[DREAM.] ~ 123117
[.]

the clock finally struck twelve, the sparks started, fireworks exploding in the air, cheers of my neighbors fill my ears, the cheap wine in my hand and the blanket wrapped around me being my only company.

i look over to the house beside me and softly greet them a happy new year, a girl my age looked at me with sympathy, noticing that i had no family with me. i didn't feel lonely even though i was alone, so i avert my gaze, and look over to the house in front of mine.

the house i might've spent more hours in rather than my own home, and i meet eyes with a boy who's smiling brightly and his skin so beautiful due to the glow from the sparklers in his hands reflecting on his glowing and beautiful skin.

he gives me a huge smile and waves me over to his house.

my feet reacts and walk over to his house, crossing the road that separates us both, our eyes still locked with each other, i reach his porch, i greet his parents and his siblings a happy new year, and i walk over to his embrace.

"happy new year megan" he softly whispers to my ear, and kisses my forehead.

but suddenly, an irritating ringing sound was lingering in my ear, and as seconds pass it gets annoyingly louder, making my ears extremely annoyed.

then, suddenly everything gets blurry and i was turning lightheaded.

opening my eyes and jolting up from my bed, my heart sinks down into what seems like an abyss of sadness.

everything was a dream, but what wasn't a dream was that, yes it was new year's eve and yes i was still very much alone.

i sigh, and stand up on my feet checking the time.

it was already 11:00 am, and i have done absolutely nothing productive at all.

so i head down to my kitchen, the dirty dishes greeting me. i groan inwardly knowing that i have to clean it later.

but for now, i grab milk and oatmeal from the fridge.

then proceed to eat miserably in my living room watching tv and deciphering if i should rot here until the clock strikes 12.

but then i start to think, why was min yoongi from across my house in my dream holding me so warmly, and his family accepting me like i'm one of their own.

when in reality, i couldn't even muster up any confidence to hold a long conversation with him.

occasional smiles which were all initiated by him, sometimes a small wave when we cross paths in school while with our group of friends, and i always seem to wonder why min yoongi was so nice, he isn't ashamed to smile at me, he isn't scared to help me when my clumsy self falls to the ground, he isn't ashamed of me.

he was carefree, he did what he wanted, but sadly he's out of my league. in fact, he's out of everyone's league.

no one deserved the boy with the gold heart and the feline-like eyes.

no one but park jimin.