Alofa

Maui uttered a noise of discomfort and shifted awkwardly, which earned him a sharp smack onto the shoulder. "I told you to hold still!" Moana snipped through an annoyed smile.

Maui let out an exasperated sigh. "Buttercup, I have, for almost an hour!" He drawled lazily, giving Moana a dull glare through the corner of his eye.

"Soia, I'm almost done." Moana chuckled as she continued to tend to the haku lei on his head, making sure to be careful with the delicate flora.

"I don't know why I keep letting you do this to me." Maui grumbled playfully as he pulled at the fraying fabric of his lavalava.

"Hush, one day you'll miss me making haku leis for you," Moana giggled softly, keeping her gaze glued to her work, "Because, I'm not sure how much longer I can handle your stinky attitude."

Maui chuckled softly, though part of that quip stung. One day you'll miss me.. It echoed through his skull like a bang of a drum. He stayed silent and still as Moana worked in deep concentration, her brow furrowed adorably. Though she was a full grown adult, she would always be that annoyingly adorable teenager. (Or at least that's what he told himself)

"Done," Moana announced with a proud smile, giving a few stretches of her hands, they ached just barely from weaving the haku lei, and baskets from earlier.

"Finally," Maui breathed in sweet relief as he rose to his feet, giving his legs a stretch before cocking a brow at Moana, "Am I beautiful yet?"

"Oh yes, so much so," Moana chuckled playfully as she set her hand onto his cheek, beaming a warm smile, "The stunning haku lei really brings out your true beauty."

"Aw shucks, your going to make me blush." Maui snorted with a goofy grin as he pulled Moana closer to him, he kept his elated gaze to hers as he exhaled through his nose, "It was worth the wait."

Moana frowned just barely at his sudden change of tune, she rubbed her thumb against his cheek. "What's wrong, pepe?" She asked softly, knowing she had to be extremely careful, Maui was never really comfortable about opening up, though he was slowly getting better.

"I'm fine, really," Maui attempted to reassure in a convincing tone. Moana slumped her shoulders and gave Maui an almost dull look, and it was at this moment, Maui knew he was doomed.

"None of that," Moana snapped gently with a wrinkle of her nose, "Now fess up, before I lose my patience with you."

Maui slumped his shoulder and heaved a soft chuckle through a wry smile. He pulled her even closer, so much so, now they were in a hongi, they stayed silent as their breaths mingled. "I love you," Maui uttered softly, "You know that, right?"

"Yes," Moana whispered, with a broadening smile.

"Don't forget it," Maui huffed as he prod his finger into her side, as if to prove his point, earning a stifled giggle from her.

He squeezed Moana into a hug, resting his face against her shoulder. Moana furrowed her brows as she gently traced her finger over Maui's tattoos, Maui wasn't the cuddly type, unless something was really bothering him. She maneuvered herself so that she could completely see Maui's face, she cupped his face, and gave him a look of complete love and care.

"Just let it out, before you become a emotional hot mess." Moana whispered playfully, though made sure not to press Maui's buttons too much, he could be quite unpredictable at times.

Maui rubbed Moana's back as he exhaled a deep sigh. "'One day you'll miss me" He repeated quietly, his gaze lowered, as if he were to drift away.

Moana continued her look of concern. "Is this what's it about?" She prod softly, "Maui, we've been over this before-"

"What happens if something happens to you, and I'm not there?" Maui began, he set Moana down and began pacing. "I'll have to go on some quest eventually, after we get married."

"Maui-"

"Or worse, what if- what if something happens to one of our children?"

"MAUI-"

"I couldn't live with myself!"

"Maui!" Moana hollered as she cupped his face and forced him to look at her, his eyes were full of concern and anxiety, "STOP, you're freaking yourself out-!"

"What if I lose track of time..?" Maui uttered quietly, "A-And when I come back.. You're gone.."

Moana drew Maui closer to her as she graced him with the utmost love and comfort, she was truly his rock. "I love you, you know that, right?" she whispered softly, then pecked a kiss onto his chin.

"Yes.." Maui breathed, exhaling a barely audible chuckle as his shoulders sagged.

"Don't forget it." Moana snipped gently while roughly prodding her finger into his chest, "Not even for a second."

"Y-Yes, ma'am." Maui laughed softly as he gently wrapped his arms around her waist.

"I will always love you, no matter what," Moana continued to reassure and rested her forehead against his, and lulled her eyes closed, "Not even death will stop me from loving my Demi-guy. I'll be sure to haunt your miserable hide for many millenniums to come."

Maui's shoulders shook as he tried to suppress his laughter and he let his eyes lull closed. "Thank you." He whispered.

"You're Welcome." Moana whispered back before softly pushing her lips onto his. Maui sighed into the kiss and pulled her close to him, Moana wrapped her arms around his neck, tugging him down towards him.

As their delicious kiss deepened, Maui began to trail down, now giving Moana's neck tender kisses. This caused Moana to bashfully scrunch her shoulders and utter a few giggles as she bit her bottom lip. Maui smiled against her skin and chuckled soflty, as he continued to pepper her neck with kisses. "M-Maui!" Moana blurted through a fit of giggles, "Oka fefe, no more! My parents will surely have your head, if they see any love marks!"

Maui laughed and leaned back, giving her a smooch on the lips. "It would have been worth it!" He chuckled with a suggestive wiggle of his eyebrows.

"We'll have pleeeeeenty of time for that, on our wedding night." Moana chuckled as her cheeks became bruised with a deep red blush.

"No need to remind me, O Chief." Maui chuckled as they made their way back to the village, he gave her muli a light nudge with his (large) knuckle.

"I'm doomed, aren't I?" Moana laughed with a lopsided grin as she rested her head against Maui's shoulder.

"Yep, your in for a real treat, toots." Maui chimed as he draped his arm around Moana's shoulders.

~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~

Soia - Stop
Haku Lei - Hawaiian flower crown
Lavalava - Skirt worn by men and women
Pepe - Baby
Muli - butt
Oka fefe - oh my gosh!