Chapter one-school sucks

Today is the first day of senior year but I  slept in because I'm not really a morning person. So now, I'm brushing my teeth and tieing my converse while hearing my parents and annoying twin brother Owen, screaming from downstairs, telling me that  we're  going to be late. So I grab my phone, rinse my mouth and race downstairs say my goodbyes and into the car with Owen and as usual screaming to the song on the radio, picking up Ray and going to school. The day was uneventful, 3RD period people would laugh hearing my stomach roar, even the teacher laughed
    "Hey! I didn't eat breakfast, okay!"I say playfully glaring at them but ending up laughing with them. But then, finally, lunch came, I take my tray and sit at my usual table with Owen, Ray, Finn, Emily and Nate. Yes Nate, he started sitting with us a few weeks after we met and he's a pretty chill guy, cocky, yes, but chill.
Him, Owen and Finn go to parties, concerts and stuff together and they became best friends.
Him and Ray show the same passion in art, surprising right? Him and Emily show the same passion in sports, yep, you heard right, my best friend is a tomboy. Anyways, we got along.

  " I'm so hungry, I didn't eat breakfast, my stomach has been growling all day and these nachos look delicious " I say.

They laugh and right when I was about to take the first bite of food of the whole day, I heard a high pitch squeaky voice.
Amber.
"Hey Nate " she says, battering her eyes.

So, you're probably confused, let me explain.
   You know that Nate was dating some cheerleader, well ladies and gentlemen I present to you Amber Whitman. He dumped her last year because she slept with his best friend, well ex-best friend. Anyways, she been tryna get him back  ever since.
      "What do you want, Amber?"
He says clearly irrated
            " You" she says flatly, I choke and everyone stares at her with wide eyes, she glares at me but continues
  " I want you to be mine again" she says holding his hand.
We stare at her, jaws dropped, in silence and a few moments later, out of nowhere I burst out laughing and when I sober up I realize all eyes are on me.

   "What? I couldn't help it, I mean, it's only the first day of school and she's practically all over him, desperate much?"
Nate smirks, while everyone else laughs.

We wipe our tears of laughter hearing another squeaky voice and this one was from Cassidy, Amber's BFF/ minion,
"What's your problem, she tryna confess her love here!!!" She yells stupidly
        "Don't worry about these nerds, Nate and I can talk alone"
       Anger slightly takes over me.
  "Listen, just because our IQ is way high then our doesn't make us nerds, it just makes you really dumb." I say not even looking at her reaction, just focusing on shoving another nacho in my mouth, she let's go of Nate and walks closer to me I thought she'd be angry but I look up and she's smirking.
  Oh boy I thought.
             "I don't blame you on being such a jacka$$ because it might just be the way your parents raised you, I mean, everyone knows your Dad is a thief and your mom is a----------" I cut her off by yanking her hair and hearing her scearm, Finn was pulling me tryna make me let go. I had a strong grip but he eventually succeed
   "Leave. Now!" Nate shouts, Amber rolls her eyes muttered a few curse words and leaves with Cassidy. The whole caf is looking at us now but I was kinda expecting it
      "Show is over people get back to your lunches" Finn says, but no one moves.
"He said show's over" Emily says and immediately everyone starts eating and talking, probably about what just happened, and yeah even though Finn's got muscles his girlfriend's more scary.
"She has some nerve walking over here and talking shit" Ray says, pissed off, but suddenly my body starts aching and I grab my bag and storm out of the caf and I guess Owen understands too because he gets up and runs after me.
This has nothing to do with Amber,
Owen and I knew it.