►Chapter One - The Vanishing of Will Byers

Playing Letha

Playing Letha

Diana Sykes had her child when she was seventeen. She was young, a high school drop out that worked at the local supermarket. Having a child at so young was hard, but that didn't stop Jim Hopper who had just recently married his wife, Diane. He sent money to his sister-in-law in order to help all the way from the city. When he moved back, without his wife, he helped Diana raise his niece, even though he had no relation any more. And Letha called him Uncle Jimmy, much to his distaste. 

So waking up at six a.m. to Letha whacking on his door was not something he enjoyed on a regular basis. Especially when she had food, "Knock, knock Uncle Jimmy." She opened his front door to see him on the couch surrounded with beer cans and prescription bottles, "Jesus, I've seen parties that end cleaner than this. And you left the television on, dumbass."

"Good seeing you this morning too, Letha." Jim managed to groan as he rolled off the couch, "I'll pay you ten dollars to clean it if you want."

Letha rolled her eyes at her uncle, "It's going to cost more than ten dollars to buy the amount of cleaning supplies you need." She watched as he reached for his back pocket and pulled out his pack of cigarettes. She snatched it off him and replaced it with what she held in her hand, "It's a breakfast muffin, low fat, low carb, totally healthy. And delicious."

"Why am I always your person to test your crap healthy food on?" Hopper asked as he pulled the regular sized muffin fro the bag, "This isn't going to fill me." The niece ignored her Uncle as she started to pick up the bottles and cans that flooded to room, "I'm pretty sure you have school right now. You're sixteen and you're an honour student. You need school."

Letha pulled a face at her Uncle, "Would you like me to drop out to take care of you full time?" Jim pulled a face this time, not even wanting to think about what it would be like that have Letha around twenty-four seven, "You're late by the way. Please try to eat this and let me know what you think." She hoisted her backpack up over her shoulders as she felt it slipping and walked out the door, "And don't even think about drinking any beer, Sheriff!"

***

Hawkins High School wasn't too far from the middle of the town. It was an ugly building that was facing another ugly building called Hawkins Middle School which was almost as bad as the whole town itself in Letha's eyes. As soon as she had to chance to leave, she was out of there.

It was like a curse every time she walked into school because every time she walked into school, it was filled with assholes.

"Hey, Bitch." A blonde popped up at Letha's side, "I heard what happened between you and Harrington at Melissa's on Friday. What a dick, right?" Ahh, the joy of Sydney Herrings conversation were the only reason Letha woke up in the mornings now, "I told you he doesn't even ring back after getting with you."