► Chapter Three - Holly, Jolly

Playing Letha

Playing Letha

If there was something Letha knew to do, it was to write. She needed all the life experience she could get, love, happiness, heartbreak. The last one was what she felt with Steve Harrington and Nancy Wheeler escaped up the stairs soon after everyone left the pool. It was a feeling she was unfamiliar with and she had no clue why she felt it. Steve Harrington was an ass. An ass she wouldn't mind jumping on the minute Nancy Wheeler moved off him...

He's not even that good looking.

And Letha just lied to herself to make herself feel better. Her clothes were being slipped off in the kitchen while she was in desperate search for a cookie or some unhealthy food to ease her pain. She stood in her bra and lacy underwear in the middle of the kitchen, receiving a glare from Barb through the window where she sat by the pool. Letha turned away to hang her wet jumper and jeans over the table chair and when she turned back to look at Barb, she was gone.

"Judgemental little-"

"Hope you're not talking about me there, Letha. 'Cause I'm definitely not little." Steve Harrington walked into kitchen and leant on the counter with a smirk. Letha stood in her undergarments but she did not give one damn. 

Letha smirked back, "Oh, well you better hope Nancy's thinking that."

Steve looked offended, "And to think I was going to save you from freezing and give you some clothes to wear!" He mockingly placed his hand over his chest. Letha let out a large laugh, then commented, "I don't know, I like going around in my underwear. I bet it would make Tommy forget when I snipped a bit of his hair off."

"It would make a lot of people forget anything." Steve's eyes racked her body but she snapped him out of it, "Now, Mr Steve. You have to get back to Nancy."

Steve's expression dropped a little, "I'm sorry if I led you on at all."

Letha just replied with a sad smile. Steve handed her some sweatpants and a shirt that she slipped on quickly. With a nod Steve left the kitchen and went back to his girlfriend, leaving Letha with her thoughts. And a pain in her chest she couldn't explain.

***

Letha decided to go home not long after that. She had told her mother she wouldn't be back until late, but it was earlier than she thought. So when she walked through the kitchen door to see a shirtless Jim and a dishevelled Diana, it was a shock to all of them, "The fuck?!" All three of them looked at each other, wide eyed, shocked. Letha's face morphed into disgust, "That's fucking gross. My mom's having sex with her ex-brother-in-law."