Sight Seeing

Before I knew it, we were in the stables saddling up a horse. He helped me onto the horse and we took off towards town. We excitedly went from sight to sight, restaurant to shop to garden. He explained the history of every place and knew every person we saw. He seemed so happy out here away from all of his duties.

He then took me to a cliff with a bench overlooking it towards the beautiful ocean. We sat down on the bench together looking at the beautiful view of the sunset over the glittering water.

"Oh my gosh, Anthony. Its beautiful." I breathed.

"I come here a lot. It helps me think." he said looking at the water.

"Bring girls here often?" I chuckled.

"You're actually the first one I've brought here."  he said his face slightly red. "This is kinda the only place I have away from it all."

"Oh."

"I'm glad I brought you here though. It means you're going to be special."

Before I could reply he turned to me and cupped my cheek in his hand.

"Anthony..." I started.

He then leaned in and kissed me. His lips were soft and warm. We kissed for a few seconds then he broke the kiss smiling.

"I really like you, Laura." he said staring deep into my eyes. "Can you stay here with me?"

"Anthony, I-I..."

He leaned in and kissed me again. I broke the kiss and turned away from him.

"What do you see in me? I can assure you I'm not worth this." I said quietly.

"You're beautiful, strong, and have a free spirit. And I can assure you, you are worth it." he said brushing a tear away.

I snuggled in close to him on the bench and he put his arm around me. We sat there completely oblivious to the world, just watching the sunset.

~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~

We came back to the castle after dark. We snuck into the dimly lit castle hallways and slipped into our rooms.

"Goodnight, Princess." Anthony said walking into his room.

"Goodnight, Anthony." I said giggling.

I walked a little farther down the hallway towards my room. I reached for the door knob when a voice startled me.

"Let me guess, he took you to a bench on a cliff over looking the ocean and you watched the sunset together. He also probably asked you to stay with him, didn't he?" the voice said.

The speaker stepped out of the shadows. I wasn't surprised to see Alexander.

"What do you want?" I spat.

"To warn you. Relationships with the prince never work out." he said turning to walk to the hall way. "Oh, and he was lying when he said you were the first girl he took there."

With that he disappeared into the shadows of the hallways. I scowled and went to bed. He was just lying. He didn't like me so he was trying to turn me against Anthony. Yeah, that was it.

But what if he was right?