Epilogue

OK you guys! I apparently found time to write this, so here it is! I hope you like it. Ohhh!! Just thinking about writing this makes me get butterflies. I'll shut up,YOU READ!!

~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=

I slowly walked towards him. I let everyone else take in my dress, hair, and makeup. I smiled as I saw my best friend shed a tear. I walked towards Alex step by step, remembering how we got here.

After that date that day, we went on another one and another and another until it was my last day there. We were so sad. He saw me off to the airport, but at last minute he bought a ticket using all if his savings. We held hands the entire flight home.

My parents took to him immediately. They were so happy I found a boy with manners. He and my dad spent a while together so my father could teach Alex football. They loved watching games together. I didn't mind it one bit. During the games we would go to my parents house and watch. Alex would also sneak kisses on my cheek.

We both enrolled in the same college. I took culinary arts and he was going to be an English major. He got in on a full scholarship. He was a very good student. We both graduated at the top of our class. By that time, we had spent 5 years as a couple. The day of graduation was by far one of the most memorable days ever.

~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~

I stood in a line with all of the other graduates of that year. I was grinning ear to ear and the entire stage was bubbling with excitement. The speaker then called up Alex to give a speech. I smiled remembering how hard he had been working on this speech.

"Hello everyone. These years at the college have been the best years of my life. I first came to this country with all of these stereotypes in my head. Everyone here changed that opinion. Especially one girl. This girl has been with me for the past five years and everyday I see her I love her even more. She is the kindest, funniest, most amazing person I have ever met. That is why today," he turned around to face me. He then got down on one knee. He pulled out a small box and opened it to reveal a beautiful diamond ring. My hands instantly flew to my mouth as I realized what was happening. I felt tears pricking my eyes. "Laura Jessamine Michael, I love you more than words can tell. So, will you make me the happiest man in the world and do me the honor of spending the rest of your life with me?"  he said.

I gasped and tears spilled out of my eyes. I whispered yes and the nodded my head furiously. I could hear the cheers, whistles, and chapter from the audience behind Alex. He slipped the ring on my finger. He stood up and I threw my arms around him and kissed him.

"Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! A million times yes!" I kept saying.

"I knew you would say that, Princess."

~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~

I felt a tear of joy slip out of my eye. I quickly wiped it away.

I smiled as I replayed moving in with him and sorting out plans for the wedding. He kept saying that his mother wouldn't like what side she was put on. I replayed all the mornings when I woke up to him beside me.

At last, I was standing at the altar with my husband to be. He looked at me with his green eyes. You smiled remembering the day at the palace when you looked into those eyes and knew you loved him.

The priest began and Alex whispered to you. "You look stunning."

"You look dashing" I replied trying to copy his accent. He gave a slight chuckle and grabbed my hand.

We said everything we needed to when my dad suddenly came up to the altar with a microphone.

"Honey, I know that this wasn't exactly planned, but I have something to say to the both of you before you tie the knot. First, Honey your mother I love you and we always will. We knew from the very beginning that you would find your prince charming. We are so happy for the both of you. As for Alex, you break her heart, I'll break your neck." he finished.

Alex laughed. "That is what he said to me before our first date in America."

I leaned over and kissed my father on the cheek. He went and sat back down.

"I now pronounce you husband and wife. You may kiss the bride." the priest said finishing the ceremony.

I wrapped my arms around Alex's neck and his slipped his around my waist. We kissed, sealing our lives forever.

In that kiss, I saw the plans for my future bakery. I saw Alex's second published book. I saw the new bigger house. I saw myself holding a little pink blanket and Alex holding a little blue one. I saw kids running through the house. I saw Alex bringing home the new dog. I saw Alex and I waving our kids off to school. I saw the guitar your son will want. I saw my daughters first car. I saw the kids, now young adults, moving boxes out of the house. I saw a much older version of Alex and myself sitting in chairs next to each other holding hands.

I pulled away from the kiss. I stared into his beautiful green eyes. I could see my future in those eyes, and I was never going to give him up. I raced down the isle clutching onto my new husband's hand. I laughed knowing my future would be bright.

                                                     The End