Chapter 3

"Hey Annabeth! Guess what! I just got a job! With the Avengers!"
Percy was currently in the mens bathroom at S.H.E.I.L.D alerting his wisegirl to the exciting news via IM.
"What Percy how did this happen, have you met the Avengers?!!" Percys excitement being contagious. Annabeth was oozing with joy her troublemaker boyfriend got a Job and with the avengers surely that pays well!
"An agent named Martin came to my house and took me to see the director of S.H.E.I.L.D who said he knows about my power and skills and said he wanted me to join the Avengers. Also the Avengers are coming to meet me now!"
Before Percy could catch his breath from the rant a loud gasp could be heard from Annabeth "Your future team, The Avengers are coming to meet you and you are in a bathroom telling me about it! Get out there Right Now!" Annabeth though sounding appalled by this was actually quite touched that while waiting to meet these famous heroes his first thought was to call her but he wasn't going to know that. A sharp warm laugh came from Percy.
"You love me." Percy winked before cutting the connection and leaving the mens room. Unbeknownst to him Annabeth let out a quiet sigh.
"Of course I love you seaweed brain."

Percy finished flicking through a profile of the Avengers so he would be able to recognize them.
"Soooo Fury when is the team getting here?" Percy questioned after several minutes in silence.
"If by 'the team' you mean The Avengers then we have arrived." An arrogant in demeanor man that Percy recognised as the millionaire playboy Tony Stark. Next to Tony was Hawkeye, Black widow, Bruce Banner and Thor. While most of the team kept pleasant smiles or neutral expressions Thor let a loud gasp before rushing to Percys side in joy.
"Perseus Jackson hero of Olympus." Thor bowed in the way you imagine a knight would while meeting with his king. "It is an honour to have such a warrior in my presence."
Percy not exactly sure what to do in this situation squirmed awkwardly in his place.
" Whoah umm Thor there is no need to bow you're a hero too man."
"Though it is true I have fought in war I am nothing compared to the hero who defeated the minotaur and a war God at age twelve"
"yeah but I-" Percy was interrupted by the god before he could down talk his achievements.
"Held up the sky, fought and defeated Kronos, defeated multiple giants and Gaia not to mention falling into Tartarus-" a shiver ran down Percys spine. "-and surviving you have saved the world a million times over for that we are truly grateful young Perseus son of Poseidon."
Before Percy could protest that most of his achievements were only accomplished with the help of his friends and comrades Director Fury spoke.
"Percy is this true are you the son of a Greek God?" Fury looked somewhat confused at the situation but managed a straight face.
"I mean yeah but he's making me sound better than I am." Percys embarrassment of the situation was quite obvious at the point but the curious mortals can't resist sticking their noses in other peoples business.
"Hey kid reckon you could give us more detail on the matter or what?" Clint's voice cut through the thickening silence of the room.
An exasperated sigh made its way from Percys mouth before gesturing to the seats in the room .
"Sit down this is going to take awhile." Percy paused to strengthen suspension before he finally began his tale.
"What do you know about Greek Mythology?"