Two

A girl is living___________________

A girl is living
___________________

Third POV

"Reena, Tanaruz wake up, food is ready" Helga instructs the young Arabic girls. even though the girls don't understand their language that don't stop her from talking to them.

The girls have been living with Helga and her boat builder of a husband, Floki for two days. They took them under their wings, and Reena was grateful for that, she truly is seeing Helga as a mother figure, letting her wash her body and give her clothes to warm her up seeing that she is not used to Kattegat's cold weather, but Tanaruz was quite the opposite. flicking when ever someone came close to her or even talk to her. She never understand how Reena accepted all of these people after they slaughtered their city for the name of glory.

As soon as Reena finished her dinner she walked to Floki who was siting near the door, struggling with some wood. She looked over his shoulder wounding what he's doing. He looked at her expecting her to run away screaming but what she did was quit the opposite. She smiled, and it was the first time that he noticed the deep dimple on her right cheek. They say that dimples  on cheeks are a kiss from the gods when you were younger. She took the big hammer from his grip and have him the smaller one instead, he tried hitting the nail again and surprisingly, it worked.

Maybe she's not as bad as I thought.

He petted her head before turning back to his work, but before he continue, the door flew open reveling Ivar dragging himself across the floor heading for the bed, in front Helga and the younger girl, who was refusing to even look at Helga who was only trying to feed her.

"Hello Floki" He greeted the boat builder before he nodded to his wife "Helga" He looked at the girls up and down before asking "Who are these?"

"Their names are Tanaruz and Reena" He glanced at the older girl to find her looking back at him. His bright blue eyes never left her figure even when she did. He liked his effect on her, how she react upon his present. Her eyes held no fear of him like the other girl but rather curiosity. His eyes reminded her of the blonde leader who took care of her, who was nice to her. Well, as nice as a Viking can be.

One night when she was peacefully sleeping dreaming of her new life, she woke up to a pair of hands roaming her body, making their way to her chest. Old memories came to her mind, how he used to touch her in a gentle way for she was to fragile, she have been through a lot, from losing her mother in a young age to working as the king's slave. She let go, she let go for she didn't see anything worth holding on for. But this time she fought, next to her was a small piece of wood used to work as a mast but broke up due to the heavy storm they faced earlier. She hold on to it waiting for the right moment to attack him, she was clearly oblivious to the man who watching her from afar. And just like that she hit in the head as hard and as fast as she can. She heard his loud, long cry of pain before he backed away from her looking for his ax "Bad move" he rose his ax attacking her, aiming for her head.

Just before the weapon touched her, another ax came flying to the man's hand chopping it of. "You're a weak man. Did you have to crush a little girl to feel powerful?" After that little show, the young dove learned the hard way to never cross path with the big bad wolf, Bjorn.

After talking with Floki about his request, Ivar left not before stopping in front of Reena, admiring her beauty. But to his disappointment she didn't notice him for she was observing the pice of art Floki was working on.
" What a beauty. Who would ever thought an old fool like you would be a father to such beauty. Maybe we should let her come with us to England. Perhaps the gods will bless us" The boneless stated and as soon as 'England' left his mouth. The young Arabic girl whipped her head to look at the young Viking. As she lowered her self to his level and brought her face near his. She said something non of them though she would say.
"England"

"You can speak their language?" He asked her as he took a lock of her hair, playing with it.

"Yes, I had a lot of customers came to me from England. In exchange for my services they would teach me their language or something new. Not all of them obviously, the nice one." she answered as she remembered Aethelwulf, the young prince whom she was offered to him in his first visit to Spain as a way of showing their hospitality.

Aethelwulf was her first 'teacher', as she like to call them. He encouraged her to learn, to make something out of herself other than being a tool for others to use for their pleasure and throw her away as soon as they're done. And she did, she took any information was thrown to her about anything. Her curiosity was and still is the key to her intelligence.

"Excellent, the more reasons we should take you with us to England. You can translate to us the other languages that we don't know. So as I said" He turned to Floki "Now that we're going to England to fight, it's about time I didn't have to crawl about. Especially on the battlefield. I wonder if you could help me, Floki." Ivar said as he looked Floki in the eyes

"I may have an idea" they both turned to her as she spook.

So, I feel guilty for not updating for like forever. And to prevent that from happening again we have to solution:

A) have small chapters (7 - 15 pages) updated every 2 days.

or

B) Have long chapters (18 - 25 pages) updated every 1 week or 2 weeks depends on how long is the chapter.

so, please choose and the most voted solution will be... the winner? i guess

love

-Deema