Chapter 2

Hey everyone!

So, Im finally updating the second chapter. You get to know the characters a little more and you start to understand Charlotte's fasination with music and... Daniel. <3

So here it is!

Sorry for the shortness! Bare with me it's just the beginning!

0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0

Chapter 2:

Suddenly, a hand came down on my shoulder. Gasping, I spun around to see the blonde boy staring at me angrily. Reality came back to me and I stepped back instinctively, afraid that he would be like the Hastings.

“What do you think you are doing with my violin?” his deep voice sounding gruff and angry. I could hear a bit of a British accent hidden underneath his weak New York accent.

Heat flooded my cheeks. “I-I just wanted – I mean, I saw – ” I stuttered nervously. “I just wanted to see what it was like to play the violin. I've never heard one before,” I told him quietly. I looked down at my destroyed sneakers as I handed over the violin and bow without looking at him in the eye.

After a few seconds, I peeked up at him though my dark eyelashes. He was staring at me confusedly.

“What do you mean you just wanted to see what it was like to play the violin? You just played a level five violin composition which means you must have played before, right?” his nose was scrunched up in confusion and his eyebrows were furrowed.

“No,” I squeaked, “I just watched you play, then did what you did.”

At that point, the girls had rejoined the blonde boy and the other boy was standing beside him with his arms crossed.

I shrunk back from his judgmental gaze and stared at the ground again.

“I-I'm sorry. I just wanted to hear it again. I didn't mean to be a bother. I'll leave now –” I started taking a step back when Blondie reached out and grabbed my arm. Immediately, I flinched away from the contact. Blondie let go and took a step forward.

“No, wait. I'm sorry for speaking to you like that. I just thought you were trying to steal my violin. I'm Arthur Montgomerie, but my friends call me Artie.” Artie said, putting out his hand for me to shake.

I stared at it for a second, before hesitantly shaking it with my own.

“I'm Charlotte Grey.” I told him quietly.

The more outgoing twin pushed the dark haired boy out of the way and bounced toward me.

“Hi Charlotte! My name is Sophie Black and my twin sister back there is Skylar Black. And that scary looking one over there, is Daniel Jackson.” I gave her a little smile and the same to her sister. When I looked back up at Daniel, his face was clear of any emotion. His blue-gray eyes felt like they were staring into my soul.

Sophie giggled and I snapped out of it and felt the heat run back into my cheeks.

“So do you want to take a walk with us? Artie has his question face on and I think he has more than a few to ask you. You don't have anywhere to be, do you?” Sophie asked me.

I shook my head. Maybe I could waste some time with them before I went back to Teresa's house. Teresa, my most recent foster mother, had kicked me out again after getting drunk at eight o’clock in the morning and I knew that I would probably end up sleeping on the benches here at the fountain anyway. I shrugged. I had time to spare.

Hitching my bag further up my shoulder, I started after the group. Sophie and Artie waited for me while Daniel and Skylar continued two steps ahead of us.