Chapter 7 - Finale

This is the shortest chapter I have ever written, sorry. This is the end of For the Love of Music.

Hope you enjoy it!

-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-

♪ Chapter 7  ♫

The audience was completely silent as I walked to center stage with my new violin.

Pulling my violin onto my shoulder, I closed my eyes and began to play Bohm’s Perpetuum Mobile in C as the piano began to play behind me. I pictured all of the angles and notes I had memorized and felt the music. It was almost tangible in the air around me.

In the darkness, violet swirls of light appeared and danced behind my eyelids as I played. They swirled around me before exploding in front of me.

I let the final note linger in the air as I breathed in the energy from the music.

A deafening roar of applause sounded from the audience. I opened my eyes, surprised at the crowd’s reaction. Giving them a smile, I took a bow before walking off the stage again.

Daniel was leaning against the wall behind the curtain when I got off the stage.

From the excitement and sheer energy I felt from being on stage performing, I threw my arms around Daniel with a squeal. Caught up in the moment, I didn’t even register that my mind didn’t flinch away from him.

Daniel hesitated before wrapping his arms around my waist and lifting me off the ground. I let out a giggle when Daniel spun me around. After he dropped me to the ground, he kept his arms wrapped around me.

“You did great.” Daniel said softly. His eyes were whose soft shade of blue I had only seen once or twice before.

“Thank you,” I choked out. Daniel was close, closer than before and this time, when he leaned down, I closed my eyes.

He pressed his lips against mine and for a moment, the world disappeared. All the surrounding noises were gone and I felt safe in his arms. His touch felt warm and welcoming. For once, I didn’t flinch away.

I felt like I was floating as time stopped around us. A throat cleared behind us.

I pulled away with my cheeks alight with heat and saw Max standing behind me.

“You wouldn’t want to miss the final bow, now would you?” I shook my head and pulled Daniel to the stage where all of the juniors were lining up for their group bow on the stage. Joining them quickly, Daniel and I took our bow with the rest of the grade.

Applause echoed loudly through the auditorium. The stage lights shone down brightly on all of us as the crowd cheered. The feeling was indescribable.

Looking at Daniel through the corner of my eye, I smiled as he took my free hand. I had finally found the place where I belonged.

Author's Note:

And this is the end! There is no more For the Love of Music. Hope you enjoyed the ending.

This is Becca, signing off.

Bye.