Chapter Nine: My Pen Pal? pt.2

Moonbin's POV

We were at a Korean BBQ with a rookie girl group, Eclipse. One of their members seem like I knew them from somewhere. I just couldn't place where. I swear I know that Y/n is somewhat important in my life before I became an idol.

In weekly idol, she had said something about a strange birthmark on the back of her neck. When I was younger, I knew a girl that had a peculiar birthmark on her neck too. She was my old pen pal that was the same age as me. She's from c/n but there's no way that my old pen pal is this person.

Jinjin had accepted a paper that held our names. It was the pairs that was going to perform in the awards ceremony. We all read it silently. After we had scanned it over 4 times, Eunwoo snickered while Rocky was elbow-ing me. This was because I had been talking to them about how Y/n seems familiar she looked.

"You should get her number Binnie." Jinjin whispered.

"What? No. Why would I do that?" I uttered.

"Because if you don't I'll have you pay for the food."

"Okay, okay. I will." I huffed, in frustration.

"Bzzzzzz bzzzzzzz."

I hear someone's phone vibrating. It was Y/n.

"Excuse me, I have to take this." She addressed as she removed herself from the table.

While MJ and Jin Yeom were cracking jokes and make almost perfect impressions of ... well everything, I was thinking of ways to have Y/n confirm that she really was my pen pal without her directly saying it. I don't want it to be awkward or make myself look like a fool if I'm wrong.

Y/n had just gotten back from her call.

"Who was it?" I asked.

"My bestie."

"Okay. Is it a boy or a girl?" I inquired getting slightly jealous. Honestly who would have to call her right now. Could it be her significant other???

"Why does it matter?"

"Umm... no reason." I say. I look to somewhere else immediately trying not to care.

After MJ had won the competition, I realized it was the perfect time to test Y/n to see is she really is my dear pen pal.

"When I was about 7 years old, I had a sweet pen pal who spoke in a different language. So I had to use googol interpret. Our messages took so long to send, but it was definitely worth it. At the time I went by a different name, since I was to shy to actually give out my real name." I had said.

Y/n had given me a peculiar look. I couldn't tell if she was my pen pal if not. Why are women so confusing?

At the end of lunch, the leaders had summed up their money to pay for the check.

We were all strolling towards our vans.

"You better follow through with our deal." Jinjin hissed right before he shoved me against

"C-can we exchange n-numbers?"I asked nervously.

"Why? We're going to see each other again next week."

"Yeah, I know but you just seem extremely familiar."

"Ummm, okay then."

We then exchanged numbers. I subconsciously felt giddy after seeing her number in my phone. I hope it wasn't fake.

I was the last to get into the van. Everything was quiet until I closed the door.

"Ayyy!!!"

"That's my boy."

"You got her number."

They were all cheering as if it was some type of accomplishment.

"So, you going to call her right now?" Sanha asked.

I was going to answer yes until Rocky interrupted my thoughts.

"Of course, he's not. It would make him look desperate."

"It would?" I inquire. "I-I mean, it would!" I exclaimed confidently, as it I already knew what he was talking about.

When we got to Fantagio Entertainment, I immediately went to my dorm before Eunwoo could to call Y/n to make sure she didn't give me a fake phone number.

"Hello?" I hear a sweet voice say.

"Hi. This Y/n?"

"Yes. I did give you my number didn't I?" She says soothingly.

"Uhh y-yeah." I chuckle awkwardly. "Well, that's all. I just wanted to see if you actually have me your number."

"You thought I would've given you a fake number?" She says defensively.

"Well yeah." She pauses in the other side. "But I don't think your like that."

"See you next week, Moonbin." She huffs. She hangs up the call.

I sigh in regret. Why would I even say that? I'm so stupid for say something like that.

Do you guys think that I should actually name the titles or just leave it as it is? Comment what you think.