six of two

Awake by three thirty, having eaten breakfast and kissed her husband goodbye, Clara Brightwell and her daughter, Sue wrapped themselves up in wool scarves before they readied themselves for side-Apparition. The two witches were avid fans of quiditch. Clara, during her days at Hogwarts was a chaser for her house -- Hufflepuff. You wouldn't believe how big her smile was when she got a letter from the family owl one day saying her daughter made it into the Gryffindor quidditch team. Clara had immediately sent over treats and Chaser advices to her daughter in Hogwarts the following evening.

"Mum," Sue groaned, a few paces behind her mother. "Yes, my annoying lovable daughter?" Sue chuckled at her mother's unpredictability. "How much longer do we have to walk? Can't we just apparate now?" The mother huffed, "Oh shush, child. We have to head to the park. Somewhere between trees so the muggles don't see us vanish into thin air."

"But I didn't ask for nosey muggle neighbors!" Sue seethed, cranky in the morning as per usual. Clara silently sent prayers to her daughter's roommates. "Neither did I. But we have to endure a bit for daddy. Right, my dearest." Sue huffed.

She loved her father, really. Despite being a muggle and not knowing Clara was a witch until after their marriage, Marcus Brightwell took the introduction to wizardry and magic well. But, now's not the time to discuss muggle-witch relations when Sue was cold and her feet were already aching and she wondered why they didn't take her father's car.

After fifteen more minutes of silent grumbling against Britain's withering cold, the two witches arrived at the park. A bit abandoned seeing it was only pass three fourty, bar from a muggle man jogging by the walk way. Hidden behind trees, the mother and daughter linked arms and with a pop! disapparated.

They appeared some metres away from a two storey home in the middle of some field. The grass was wet with dew and the house's chimney was bellowing dark smoke. The pop of their apparition caught the attention of the inhabitants of the home, with a slam of the front door, a man with greying hair and spectacles came with his wand at his side. His eyes moved across the field to the approaching mother and daughter. He smiled, pocketing his wand before greeting Clara Brightwell.

"Clara, my dear! So good to see you!"

Sue watched as her mother greeted the man with a hug, eyeing the man's familiarity. "Amos, I missed you. Where's your boy, is he ready yet?" Sue let out a silent "ah" of recognition. Amos Diggory, her mum's childhood friend from Hogwarts. Father of the boy who was courting (?) her.

"Yes. Ced's in the kitchen. Susan, dear. Can you call him? We're late to meet the Weasleys at the portkey." Sue nodded once quickly, and headed into the warm home. She heard melodic humming from upstairs and then cursings of "That boy leaving his shirts everywhere!" before she stopped in front of a kitchen. It wasn't hard to find, just a few paces right from the main door.

As his father said, Cedric was standing by the sink, a backpack strap hung on his broad shoulders, a hand gripping it while his unoccupied hand quickly brought a piece of toast he was chewing into his mouth. He was hurriedly biting into the bread as he walked around the kitchen, seemingly looking for something. Sue cleared her throat once, and the golden haired boy stopped his searchings and looked, his lips turning into a lopsided grin at the girl standing a few paces in front of him.

"Hello, Sue."

"Hi, Ced. Your father told me to fetch you. What are you looking for?" Cedric opened his mouth to speak, no noise coming from his mouth before he closed it. His dark brows furrowed then he said, "Never mind it. Let's go." He shoved the last of the toast into his mouth before dusting his hands on his jeans, a smile on his lips as he walked toward Sue, and gave an outsretched hand for her to take. Her skin felt hot at the thought but took his hand in hers anyway. They walked towards the front door, the pair leaving with Cedric's farewell of, "Bye, mum!" to his mother and a distant, "Say hello to Clara for me." coming from the matron of the Diggory household.