He Never Came

Gaga looked in to Veronica's eyes, puzzled.

"Who are 'they'?"

Veronica inhaled heavily and buried her face in Gaga's chest. She began to cry uncontrollably. Gaga cupped her hands on Veronica's cheeks and looked her in the eyes, Veronica still shaking.

"Baby, who is after you?"

Veronica's lip quivered slightly as she let out a faint whisper,

"Brandon and L-Lüc... They..."

Gaga pulled Veronica in for a tight hug.

"I AM GOING TO KILL THEM VERONICA. IF THEY LAY A F-"

Veronica interrupted,

"Mommy... You will go to jail..."

Gaga clenched her fists.

"I DON'T CARE. I WILL GIVE UP MY WHOLE LIFE FOR YOU VERONICA. I'M NOT KIDDING EITHER."

Gaga pulled out her phone from her purse, her hands shaking violently.

"HOLD ON VERONICA. WE WILL GET THIS SORTED OUT."

Gaga dialed Lüc's phone number and walked in a bathroom stall, locking the door behind her.

Veronica ran over to the door.

"MAMA NO. HE WILL GET YOU TOO, AN-"

"VERONICA, HE CAN'T HURT ME MORE THAN HE ALREADY HAS BABY."

Veronica beat her hands on the door repeatedly. Gaga yelled,

"VERONICA STOP BEATING ON THE DOOR RIGHT NOW."

Veronica walked over to the wall and curled up in the floor. She heard an angry conversation, with occasional yelling.

"LÜC, I AM NOT GOING TO TELL YOU ANYMORE. IF YOU TOUCH VERONICA, I WILL KILL YOU, AND I AM NOT P-"

"Stefanj, I'm tired of playing games with you. Taylor and Veronica have ruined you, and I want you back."

Veronica became enraged by that statement and ran over to Gaga's stall.

"LÜC, YOU RUINED HER. NOT US. SHE DOESN'T BELONG TO YOU, AND SHE DOESN'T LIKE YOU AT ALL. JUST GO AWAY."

Veronica heard faint whines coming from Gaga, and a small sequence of beeping noises. Veronica pressed her ear up to the door and said,

"Get out here right now."

Gaga grunted from behind the door and said,

"I AM SICK OF GETTING BOSSED AROUND VERONICA. ON TOP OF ALL THAT, YOU MIGHT'VE JUST MADE LÜC EVEN MORE ANGRY THAN HE ALREADY WAS. I WISH YOU WOULD'VE BEEN QUIET."

Gaga began to sob in to her hands.

"WELL, FINE. IF HE WANTS ME, HE CAN HAVE ME."

Veronica took off her backpack and slid it under the stall.

"This is probably all you will have left of me. I love you, bye."

Veronica made sure her phone was in her pocket, and she ran out of the bathroom. Gaga screamed at the top of her lungs,

"NO! DON'T LEAVE ME AGAIN! VERONICA LYNN DAYTON!!"

Veronica yelled back as she was running out,

"THAT'S NOT MY NAME ANYMORE!"

Taylor, Wayne, Natali, and Tara ran after Veronica, but they couldn't keep up. Gaga followed shortly after them, and she was crying hysterically. The backpack was now all she had of Veronica at the moment, and she had no idea if she would see her again. Gaga dropped to the cement and sat there with her knees brought up to her chest. They all ran to Gaga and kneeled down next to her, Veronica was nowhere in sight.