9 new messages

"hey ugly." jaelin said as she opened the front door for guanlin. he rolled his eyes and smiled at the girl, handing her a box of cookies.

"what movies do you want to watch?" she asked, shutting the door behind him. he shrugged and sat down on the couch.

"scary movies?" she asked, sitting next to him. he thought for a moment before nodding. perfect for getting closer to her. he thought.

jaelin grabbed the remote and searched through netflix to find a good scary movie. she bit her lip in concentration as she looked through them.

guanlin watched her as she did so, smiling at the girl.

she looked at him and he looked away quickly. how obvious can he be? she thought. "pick a movie and I'll go get some snacks." she handed him the remote.

she walked into the kitchen and grabbed some chips and poured some milk for the cookies as he searched for a movie.

she came back soon and set the snacks and milk on the coffee table in front of the couch.

"you want to watch the new insidious?" he asked as she sat down next to him. she nodded and handed him a bag of chips.

"i like this." she spoke up. he looked at her with a raised brow. "i mean i like hanging out with you like this."

he smiled and nodded. "you're not that bad either, when you keep your mouth shut at least." he teased. she rolled her eyes and decided to tease him back.

"you act as if i don't catch you blushing everytime you're with me." she said. "awe you're even blushing now." she cooed as she poked his cheek.

"n-no I'm not." he stuttered as he pushed her hand away from him. she chuckled at his reaction and got up from the couch.

she came back wrapped in a small blanket.

he looked at her and she stuck her tongue out. "you can freeze." she said jokingly. he rolled his eyes and pulled her down next to him.

"let's just watch the movie." he said. she turned off the lamp beside the couch and they watched the movie in silence, occasionally jumping at the scares.

-

the movie was almost over when guanlin felt a light weight on his shoulder. he looked down at the girl who was sleeping and he smiled.

"it's not even 8:30 jaelin." he said softly. she moved slightly and he repositioned her head on his shoulder.

as jaelin slept, he watched her and studied her features. he admitted that he has fallen for the girl and he fell so hard.

he smiled at her sleeping figure. "you're even beautiful when you sleep." he said unaware that she had woken up.

"thanks." she said quietly but loud enough for him to hear. he widened his eyes and blushed. he was about to move away but she wrapped her arms around him.

"let's just stay like this for awhile." she said. his body was stiff but loosened after she began to drift off again.

he wrapped his arm around the small girl and smiled. she only thinks of me as her best friend. the thought suddenly came into his mind.

his smile fell but he cuddled up closer to her, not wanting this night to end so he can stay like this. he rested his head on top of hers and began to doze off.

------------------------

yes i know that guanlin doesn't like horror movies but it's for the plot of the story y'know.