Caleb

As I was laying, I thought about Gia. She was a total sweetheart—delicate, just like this bed. A proper bed was something I haven't laid on in a while. It was way better than sleeping on a piece of long cardboard and using my backpack as a pillow.

I missed that backpack. It had everything I needed in there, until it got stolen a week ago. I tried to fight old dude, but I lost. Badly.

Whatever, though. All I was worried about is this good sleep I was about to get.

I took a deep breath and closed my eyes.

+++++

I woke up to the smell of bacon and eggs. I climbed out of bed, and the urge to pee kicked in. I went to the bathroom and lifted the lid to the toilet seat. After I was done, I put the seat back down and washed my hands. I looked in the mirror and smirked at my reflection. Ever since yesterday, I appeared to be healthier..happier.

I noticed a sticky note at the corner of the mirror. I took it down and read:

Good morning, Caleb! I hope you had a great sleep. If you wanna brush your teeth, there's a new toothbrush on the counter.

I looked down and saw a green toothbrush in an unopened package.

If you smell bacon, that's me cooking downstairs. I hope you eat pork lol. Come down whenever you're ready to eat. :)))) - Gia

I smiled at the note and placed it on the counter.

I ripped open the toothbrush package and took out the toothbrush. I rinsed and placed the minty paste onto it. I rinsed it again, before brushing my teeth, making sure to reach all areas of my mouth. I spit out the toothpaste and rinsed my mouth.

I walked out of the bathroom and quietly went downstairs. It was still registering to me that I was inside a girl's house—a girl that I met last night.

Walking into the kitchen, I saw Gia flipping a pancake. My eyes trailed down her body. She was wearing a black Nike t-shirt and grey leggings. She was truly bad as hell, but I knew I couldn't think about her like that. After all, I'd never see her again after today.

"Good morning, Gia," I spoke in a hushed tone.

Her body twisted, and she flashed me a wide smile. I didn't know if I was seeing things, but her skin was glowing.

"Caleb, good morning! How'd you sleep?" she asked, snapping me out of my daze.

"I slept very well. How about you?"

"The same. Did you read my note?"

"Yes," I said.

"Well, do you eat pork?" She asked me.

I chuckled and said, "I do."

"Want breakfast then?"

"I'd love some," I admitted.

She smiled and nodded her head towards the table. I sat down and laced my fingers together, watching Gia's every move.

When you're on the streets, you pay attention to everything. You watch people's facial expressions, how they move, how they talk.

Gia's presence made me calm and comfortable. From yesterday and this morning, I could tell she cares for people. Maybe a little bit too much.

The house is decorated very nicely, but there's not that many things here; she must live with one roommate, a girl. She's definitely been emotionally hurt, but she's hiding it well. It was probably by the nigga who's clothes I was wearing.