Gia

"Oh my gosh, please go. You're gonna miss your flight," I pleaded.

My roommate, Aubrey's, eyes narrowed. "Wow. You really want me out the house. Are you planning to invite your lover over?" She asked.

"The one that doesn't exist?" I asked.

She always claimed I had guys lined up after me. Where they were, I didn't know.

"Sure. Anyway, are you gonna be okay by yourself? The last time I left you alone, you almost died," Aubrey said.

"It was a small fire."

"Keep lying, G."

I sighed. "It'll only be a week. The house will be fine," I said.

She opened the trunk to the car and put her suitcase in, before closing it again.

"Hugs?" Aubrey asked. We wrapped our arms around each other tightly and laughed.

"I really wish I coming to Venice with you."

"Don't miss me," she said.

"Trust me, I really won't," I joked.

She walked to the driver's door, opened it, and got in. She started the car and buckled her seatbelt. I walked over to her door, and she rolled the window down.

"Be extremely safe, okay," I told her.

"You be safe too, girl. I'll call you when I land," she responded. I backed up from the car as she reversed from the driveway.

I smiled and gave her two thumbs up, as I always did. She let out a laugh and waved before driving away.

I sighed and went back into the house.

"Great. Just fantastic. Another week of boredom," I mumbled and shut the door. I walked into the living room and plopped myself on the couch.

I grabbed the remote and pressed the power button. I didn't usually watch TV because nothing good was on, but I had nothing better to do.

"This is Channel 2: Action News. The time now is 4:35 PM. At 5 o'clock, it will start getting windy but will become worse around 7. Stay inside and turn those heaters on. There'll be a 80% chance of rain at 7:30. Wind plus rain is not the way to go," the weather reporter said.

The weather had been so terrible lately. What was making the clouds so sad?

+++++

"You're so ugly for that," I spoke into the phone.

"Yeah, well, you love my ugly ass," Aubrey said.

"Aren't you supposed to be-"

My smile faded away, when I heard a loud bang come to my ears. I jumped in my seat, and my heart race immediately sped up.

"Aren't I supposed to be what?" she asked.

"Shhh."

"Did you just shush me?" she asked and chuckled.

I shushed her again.

"Okay...Gia, what's going on?"

I heard the noise again. It sounded like it was coming from outside. I looked out my window, but I didn't see anything or anyone.

I walked out of the room and tiptoed downstairs. All the lights were on, and nothing seemed out of place.

"Hey, talk to m-"

"Brey, I think someone's outside," I whispered.

"Who?" she asked.

"I don't know. I might go check," I said.