Chapter 21

A few minutes later Barry had coaxed Y/N to sleep, he laid her down gently, quickly checking that she was okay before leaving to go back to the Cortex.

He walked in to see Cisco sitting in front of one of his computers, busily typing away before he noticed Barry walking towards him.

"What are we gonna do Cisco?" He asked sitting down next to his friend and letting out a sigh.

"I don't know," Cisco shrugged. "Maybe pizza?" he suggested.

"Seriously?" Barry asked.

"What?" Cisco defended. "Italian, maybe Chinese?"

"I'm talking about Y/N Cisco," Barry said harshly.

"Oh...yeah, that makes a lot more sense," Cisco replied. "I don't know, is something wrong?" Cisco asked sounding concerned.

"Yeah," Barry nodded. "I came back and she was having a nightmare. Cisco, she told me what happened, how she felt, what she saw...it was horrible," Barry finished tearing up. "I can't stand to see her like this, in pain, it kills me inside."

"I know," Cisco said. "I feel terrible about what happened. I was supposed to be the guy in the chair, the guy that's supposed to warn her about that kind of stuff, and I didn't tell her until it was too late...one second sooner, if I would have told her just one second sooner. Maybe, just maybe, it would've been enough time for her to know what was happening, to react and stop the bullets," Cisco explained.

"Look at us," Barry scoffed. "We're both finding ways to blame ourselves for what's happening right now, which is the exact opposite of what Y/N would want us to do by the way," Barry pointed out.

"If she could see us right now," Cisco chuckled.

"Um...she can," Y/N said as she stood in the doorway before making her way over to them.

Barry quickly sped over to her and steadied her with his hands, "You shouldn't be up and walking," he said putting an arm around her waist to support her.

"I'm fine," she said as she tried to limp her way over to where Cisco was, only to be stopped short by an urging pain in her stomach.

"This doesn't happen to people who are fine," Barry said putting a hand on her abdomen and helping her back over to the med bay.

Y/N winced in pain as she sat back down on the bed, Barry covering her legs with a blanket and making sure that she was comfortable.

"Correct me if I'm wrong, but Caitlin did say another day or two of bed rest this morning, right?" Barry asked raising his brows at Y/N.

"Yeah yeah," she scoffed. "You can stop talking about how you were right, and don't give me the whole I told you so speech either," Y/N said shooting Barry a look.

"Or, I could milk this for all it's worth," Barry smiled.

"Don't you dare Barry Allen," she said lightly punching him in the arm.

"Wouldn't dream of it," Barry said leaning and kissing her slowly and softly. "Just do me a favor and listen to what Caitlin said," Barry pleaded as he gazed into her eyes.

"You got it," Y/N smirked. "Would you do me a favor?" she asked.

"Anything," Barry replied.

"Take me home...before you say no. I will stay in bed, or on the couch, and I won't try to do anything stupid...please."

Barry stood there for a moment, debating on if it was worth Caitlin yelling at him later, "Fine, but you promise that you won't do anything stupid?" Barry asked.

"Promise," she smiled.

"Good," Barry said giving her a quick kiss. "Because I'll be with you the whole time."

Y/N pulled back and raised a brow, "Really?"

"Yeah," Barry nodded. "I called in earlier, told Singh that I would be taking the next few days off and if anyone asks I have the flu. Besides, I wanted to spend time with you, you're the only thing on my mind right now," Barry said tucking a loose piece of hair behind her ear.

"You mean that?" she asked pulling one of his hands into hers.

"Of course I mean that," he said smiling, his thumb gently tracing over her hand. "Because I love you."

"I love you too."