Chapter 44

"You found Thawne?" Y/N asked as she stood at the head of the Cortex, Barry by her side, both in their suits. Cisco, Harry, and Caitlin sat in front of the speedsters near Cisco's array of computers.

"Yes, better yet he found me, we haven't been able to track him because he's been moving too fast," Cisco said, he was pretty impressed with himself, tracking down and figuring out how Eobard Thawne worked was no easy task.

Harry nodded along, "Yes, we believe that he keeps moving so fast so far because he is running from something or someone," he explained. "We all were hoping that you might be able to figure this out for us," Harry said looking at Y/N.

Y/N sighed, "There are a lot of scary things throughout the multiverse that pose a threat to Eobard Thawne, but the biggest threat he faces is time. Thawne has messed with time on multiple occasions and now I think it might be catching up to him, time might be trying to catch him to punish him for his crimes. That's why he never stays in one place for very long, because if he did, time would catch up to him," Y/N explained.

"So if we keep him in one place long enough, we allow time to catch him for us," Barry guessed.

"That's the hope," Y/N replied, confirming Barry's guess.

Harry agreed with what Y/N had explained, "So now I suggest that we lure him here somehow."

"I agree with Harry," Y/N chimed in.

"He said he wouldn't stop until I was dead, that's been his mission this whole time, to ruin my life. Killing my mother, giving me my speed... it's all part of his final plan to kill me," Barry said. Y/N hated hearing Barry talk like this, she stepped closer to him and put her arms around his torso, Barry put his arm around her waist in response.

"So maybe if we keep both of you in one place long enough, it will act as a calling card for him," Harry explained. "We'll be ready in about an hour, I suggest you two get ready as well, the rain will not make this any easier," Harry said getting up and heading downstairs, Cisco and Caitlin following him.

Barry made sure that the others were quite a distance away before hugging Y/N tightly into his chest, he could hear her sobs as she buried her face in his chest.

"You don't need to be afraid of him, I won't let him hurt you," Barry said nuzzling his face in the crook of her neck.

Y/N pulled back and looked up at Barry, "I'm not afraid of Thawne, I'm afraid what my life would be like without you in it. You said it yourself, Thawne has wasted his entire life destroying yours, his goal today is to kill you, Barry...and I don't think that I can live a life without you in it."

Barry looked down at her, the tears falling down her cheeks, he gently swiped them away with his hand, "You'll never have to know what that's like. And my biggest fear is losing you because without you a piece of me is gone, so let's promise each other this...we will always find our way back to eachother...always."

"Always," Y/N said forcing a smile.

"We'll get through this, together, just like we always do," Barry said before kissing Y/N, slow and soft. He then pulled her close, Barry stood there just taking in her embrace, "I love you."

"I love you too," Y/N said stepping back and pulling down his mask, Barry doing the same for her. "Let's end this."

-------------------------------------------------------------

"So, I see you finally found me," Thawne snickered as Y/N and Barry approached him, they had tracked him down to an old warehouse district just south of Central City. The dark clouds and thunder suited the mood, a dense fog was forming in the distance.

"We also found out why you're hiding," Y/N spat back. "Game over..."

He laughed, for what reason Barry and Y/N didn't understand. "No, this is not the end for me, this is the story of how Barry Allen falls..."

"I guess I'll be the one to decide that," Barry said lunging in to make the first move, Thawne stumbled back.

"Game on..."

-------------------------------------------------------------

Barry grunted as rolled on the ground, the rain making his suit wet. He gritted his teeth as he stood back up, doing his best to ignore the pain, he looked to his left and saw Y/N doing the same. As they continued to fight it seemed as though time stopped around them, the rain falling became frozen in place, it just made the fight seem to last longer.

"You two just need to keep him there a little while longer, just long enough for some time wraiths to find him," Harry explained over the comms.

"They sure are taking their sweet time," Y/N muttered under her breath as Thawne came back at them. Y/N dodged his attack, but when she tried to kick out his footing he slammed her back into a parked car. "I don't think the person who owns this car is going to appreciate that," Y/N said noticing the dent in the driver's side door before she pushed Thawne back and kicked him to the ground.

"You're funny today, let's see how funny this is," Thawne said standing up, Y/N didn't understand what he was doing, but when she did, she really wish that she didn't. Thawne had just created a time remnant, the second version of himself.

"Uh...guys? Any ideas? I'm pretty open to suggestions," Y/N said before speeding off, taking the time remnant with her.

"Keep him distracted, hope those time wraiths catch up with you," Cisco said.

"Forget about me," Barry chuckled as he leaned against a nearby car, a smirk on his face. "Because it kinda seemed like you forgot about me...good thing I didn't forget about you," Barry said dropping the smirk and putting a metahuman collar on Thawne, similar to what they had on Earth-X.

Thawne stumbled back but kept his footing, he looked up and smiled at Barry, "That's cute," he said pulling the collar off.

Barry didn't know what to say, the collar was a last resort option, "Well, that was my Plan B, what do you guys have?" Barry asked.

"We already went past Plan Z a long time ago," Cisco replied. "I think it's time for Plan V, Plan Vibe," he said opening a breach to where Barry was.

He arrived and saw Barry being choked up against a wall, his face bloodied and bruised, a metahuman collar around his neck. "Don't worry, after I'm done with you I'll make sure to kill Y/N too, assuming my other half hasn't already," Thawne snickered.

"You can break my soul, take my life away, beat me, hurt me, kill me...but for the love of God...don't touch her..."

Cisco saw his opportunity and blasted Thawne away from Barry, Barry dropped to the ground, struggling to catch his breath, Cisco ran to his side.

"You okay?" he asked looking over his friend.

Barry slowly nodded, still short of breath, "I will be."

"Come on, let's get this thing off," Cisco said taking the metahuman collar off of Barry, who felt a little bit more relieved once it was off. Barry looked up and saw Y/N screeching to a not so graceful halt, the rain making the ground slick.

"Time wraiths found me and the remnant, should be here any minute now..."