Mike Wheeler: Lost Part 1

(Y/n)’s eyes burned as her heart ached sat who stood in the doorway. She was happy to see her, but deep down it felt like she was collapsing in on herself. Eleven stood in the doorway her eyes focused completely on Mike as tears filled her eyes.

Mike stepped forward with wide eyes. She watched as tears filled his eyes on his face. He said something, but it was lost to (Y/n).

She turned away unlike everyone else. Her footsteps silent as she easily escaped the room. Who would notice her there anyways? She felt the tears pricking her eyes realizing what this meant for her. She always knew where she stood in the party, but once Eleven came into their lives that was quickly swept from under her feet.

She swallowed the lump in her throat as she stood outside of Will’s room. She quietly pushed the door open. Her bottom lip trembling at the sight of him passed out on the bed. He was the only one who even still remembered (Y/n) or kept her in the loop. He was also the only person that comforted her over Mike, and here she was about to abandon him.

Her shoulders shook as she sat down on the side of the bed. Will’s body blurring as tears streamed down her face. “Hey Will… I’m gonna help get you free, but… After that I’m leaving the party… You won’t understand I know but,” (Y/n)’s throat closed up as a sob threatened to escape her. She took a deep breath before continuing, “it’ll be easier this way. I promise.” 

She looked at Will one more time. Her heart aching as she stood up and exited the room. She noticed the others had moved into the kitchen. Not a single person questioned where she went as she stood on the outer edges listening as they explained the Mind Flayer to the adults. 

It seemed leaving would be a lot easier then she thought it would be. (Y/n)’s gaze drifted to Mike that aching in her chest starting again. She bit the inside of her cheek and looked away quickly to keep the tears at bay.

_____________

“Guys… Have you noticed (Y/n) doesn’t sit here anymore?” Will’s worried voice stopped the other’s chatter. The lunchroom was filled with laughter and the sound of other kids talking making him glance around. He searched for (Y/n) but huffed slightly when he couldn’t see her.

Mike frowned slightly. His eyes finally falling on the empty seat beside Will. Guilt ate away at him as he realized that none of them seemed to notice. Despite the guilt, He just shrugged and responded, “Yea, but she hardly shows up to any meetings anymore.”

Dustin poked at his food anxiously glancing of at Mike and El. He bit his lip easily recognizing why the young girl hardly showed up. “Maybe she’s just busy?” He said, more like asked, nervously.

Lucas scoffed slightly. “Yea right… Haven’t you heard? She’s part of the in crowd now.”

Right as Lucas spoke (Y/n) herself stepped into the cafeteria. Will tilted his head noticing the change in her. She no longer wore the bright color dresses she used to adore. Her posture completely stiff and a irritated look in your eyes. Her eyes met his and for a moment he saw her soften, but it quickly vanished as she strode passed their table.

Lucas rolled his eyes and grumbled, “Told you.”

Will bit his lip. His shoulders slumping slightly. 

Sorry Will….