Prologue

I never knew there was any word called Demisexual.

I always thought I was asexual since I've never been attracted to anyone. The question of my sexuality never bothered me growing up till I became a senior in high school. It was disturbing when I wasn't attracted to girls like my brothers were. I could go to a strip club and get a good view at all the girls with their barely clothed bodies on display but I never felt the urge to lay with them. For a moment, I thought I was gay till I tried watching gay videos and almost puked my guts out. Definitely straight.

Now at the age of 28, with my older brother married and me being the next in line, I'm still questioning my sexuality. I stopped worrying about it and concluded I was asexual since I wasn't attracted to both sexes. And I lived happily never after…… until I met her.

For the first in my life I felt a jolt. It felt like a light bulb that has been dormant for years was finally turned on. I was in awe of what I was feeling. I wanted to find out why I felt that way and more so why I could only feel that way around her… But little did I know that the black headed belle would want nothing to do with me as she claims to be done with men.

xxXxx

I made my way towards the reception nearing the centre of commotion in my therapy clinic / gym. My lab coat was still on as I just finished attending to a patient in the examination room.

I saw Tara, the young receptionist looking so helpless as she stood there in silence taking in the brunt of the rant from the petite feisty lady whose back is turned to me. The lady who looked a few inches shorter than me-- maybe not a few-- yelled dramatically at poor Tara with hand gestures as if to drive home her point. I could've played the boss here and escaped to my office leaving Tara to deal with all the commotion and if she couldn't handle it she could at least call security but for some weird reason I was drawn to it all. The scene piqued my interest and I really wanted to find out how a short lady could make Tara put on scaredy pants.

I saw Tara's face light up with hope as she sees me and I chuckled internally.

"Hello Miss what's the problem?" I asked with my welcoming professional smile plastered on my face.

She turned her attention from Tara to me and the smile on my face faltered.

"Even better!" She said with an eye roll and I didn't miss the hint of sarcasm in her voice.
"Oh God! I hate doctors." She groaned and pouted.

"So what's your name Mr…?" She asked jeeringly, searching on my chest for my name tag but in this moment I've zoned out……

For the first time in my life, I was drawn to someone-- a woman-- and I knew it was going to be a hell of a rollercoaster ride by the permanent scowl on her face and her huge dose of feistiness.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
A/N; Welcome to L.I.P lovelies! This is the prologue. Same as the one posted before, just a few changes.

Chapter 1 will be up tomorrow or Friday. As the book goes on I'll work out an update plan.

Thanks lovelies. 💖