First

Harry awoke on the sixth week. His eyes creeped open slowly and he scanned the white room. He wasn't sure if he was actually dead, but judging by the way his back ached, he guessed not.

He could hear a cry and he turned his head to see his mom and sister. They were crying and calling for a nurse. Harry looked around again, hoping to see his familiar face. He couldn't find him anywhere.

Tears pricked his eyes because Louis wasn't there. Did Louis give up on him? Did Louis not love him anymore?

He didn't hear his mother frantically telling Gemma to call Louis and the other boys, all Harry could do was look around the room and notice how Louis wasn't in it.

The doctors asked him questions and he weakly mumbled out the responses.

His name is Harry Edward Styles.

He's 20.

He lives with his boyfriend and their cat.

His mother is hugging him after he answers the questions and he just holds her close mumbling a quiet; 'Louis?'

She pulls away, wiping her tears. She gives him a pack of letters that were sitting on the bedside table. There are also flowers there.

"Louis is on his way. He wrote you those letters," his mother tells him. Harry is weak from not moving in six weeks. His muscles feel like jelly and he has trouble moving his arms and fingers to read the letters.

Gemma comes over and helps him. She opens and holds each letter for him. She doesn't read the words herself - she thinks they're probably quite personal and meant for Harry's eyes only.

The letters are short and Harry reads them all before Louis barges through the door. Louis looks frantic and once his eyes land on Harry's he bursts into tears. He runs and throws his arms around the weak boy, kissing his face.

He keeps mumbling 'I love you's' and 'I'm sorry's'. Harry's too weak to answer him and just let's the boy kiss him, enjoying the feeling of his lips.

His other friends are in the room soon after and there's a whole new wave of tears. Everyone is crying and snotting and looking like a mess.

The doctor interrupts them after awhile - saying he needs to talk to him alone. Harry watches as his family and friends leave his room and he's left with the doctor.

They talk about his recovery process and he's not allowed to leave the hospital for another two weeks. They need to regain the strength in his muscles and he's also on suicide watch.

The doctor tells him he needs to take anti-depressants - he doesn't like that - and then Louis is walking through the door again. His eyes are puffy and the doctor wants to tell him he has to leave, that he needs to finish talking to Harry.

The doctor doesn't though because the boy has come in everyday and spent every night in this room. He's seen him cry a majority of those days and he just doesn't have the heart to tell him to leave.

"I'll talk you to you later, Harry," the doctor says. Harry just nods, but his eyes are on Louis. The doctor shuts the door to give them privacy, but Louis continues to stand, just looking at Harry.

"I read your letters," Harry tells him. Louis swallows back more tears and nods his head.

"It wasn't you. You always made everything better. I'm sorry, Louis," Harry cries. Louis sees his tears and moves forward to wipe them away. He climbs into the bed - avoiding the tubes - and curls up next to him.

"It's okay, baby. You're okay," Louis hushes him. Harry just sniffles and nuzzles his face into Louis' neck, ready to fall asleep again.