Chapter 2

Ty POV~

UGGGHHHH FINALLY! Lunch couldn't come fast enough. The teachers droned on and on, I thought it would never stop!

When I found the lunchroom, it was already packed with students. That was fine with me, I was going to sit outside anyways.

I went through the sidedoor into a grassy courtyard. In the center... was a giant redwood tree?! The courtyard was shaped like a "c", with the open part revealing the parking lot. The redwood tree's branches were so big that they stretched out to cover almost the entire courtyard! It was slightly elevated on a grassy hill, and there were hollows in between the giant roots. It was amazing.

I walked up and settled down in between two of the roots, turning on my headphones.

My headphones are my prized possession. They are the last thing my parents ever gave me before they died. They are black with glowing neon green on each of the earpieces. They are cordless, can access the radio, and allow me to listen to any song I want just by thinking about it. I always wear them.

I brushed my bangs back into place over my left eye and turned up the volume, leaning back and getting lost in the music as I ate an apple. Then, I was tackled by somebody. I turned off my headphones and looked to see who it was.

I was greeted by the shocked face of Mitch.

"Dood, your skin is like ice!" He exclaimed. "Are you ok?"

"Yea I'm fine, my skin is always like that." I replied, trying not to panic. I can't draw suspiscion to myself!

"Ok then dood." Mitch replied, seeming to shrug it off. "Do you mind if I bring some friends over here? They want to meet you and it's kinda crowded inside."

"Sure, that's cool." I replied, not wanting to turn down the friendly boy.

As he walked off, presumably to get his friends, I returned to my music and my apple. A few minutes later, he showed up again with four other people. The only one I recognized was Jerome.

There was a boy in dark grey cloathes, red shoes, and beown hair. He also had sunglasses and gold amulet with a purple gem. The second person was in a blue spacesuit, with an orange visor and a jetpack.

The last person was wearing a cape with a hood that was such a dark purple it was almost black. He had grey shirt, grey pants, grey shoes, and a red belt. There was a white headband holding his hair back from falling into his brown eyes, and his shirt had a red creeper face on it.

As I looked at him, I felt a jolt in my chest, and then there was a sharp pain. I winced and put my hand over it, but then the pain went away... to be replaced with a beat a bit like a drum. My heart was beating?!

"Hey, are you ok dood?" I snapped out of my thoughts to see Mitch leaning over in front of me with a worried expression on his face.

"Y-yeah, I'm fine." I said, relaxing ahainst the tree once more. "So, what're you guys' names?" I asked his friends.

"I'm Sky." The guy with the amulet said. "My real name is Adam, but I prefer Sky."

"I'm Jason." Said the astronaut.

"My name is Seto Sorcerer." The boy in the cape said.

I nodded. "Pleased to meet you all. I'm Deadlox."

After that we all talked randomly. During that time, I checked my wrist to see if I had a pulse. Nothing. I checked my neck, disguising it as an itch. Still nothing. But when I put my hand over my chest, there was the heartbeat. Weird.

When I looked up, I saw Seto staring at me. Then, when we made eye contact, I felt a prescence try to enter my mind. I pushed back, creating a barrier in my mind. Seto blinked, and the prescence was gone.

"Seto..." I started to say, but then the bell rang and he leaped up. Seto grabbed his satchel and retreated back inside.

Did he try to read my mind?!

-------------------------------------

Yup. Sorry about the EXTREMELY slow updates on all my books. I do good? See ya later, my fluffies!