Jerome

Hi, I'm Jerome — Jerome Willis. I'm fourteen, and I live in Nova Scotia, Canada.

So, It's already been a week since New Year's, and I've already given up on my resolution. Eat healthier my ass.
Screw that, I could have a six pack if I wanted but I'd hate all the attention I'd get from the ladies, you know what I mean? Anyway, I have two bestfriends, Oliver and Jadyn, who are actually coming over pretty soon so you'll get to meet them!

Of course, I haven't asked my Mom yet. Since Dad died, she's been a lot more stressed — and It's been eight months since he's died. I loved the guy, too, but get over it. She's a hardcore Christian, but only in Public. If you walk into her room without asking, she would have normally said "Hey, sugah, whatchu up to?" but since Dad died, Well...

"What the fuck do you want J?"
"Uh, can Oliver and Jadyn come over?"
"Why you always hangin' round them white folk? Damn, son, you need some nigga friends."
"Mom, can we not say that word in the house? Can they just come—"
"I'ma say nigga all I wanna! I'm black! Shit, when them white people go through slavery I'ma let them call me a nigga!"
Mom was obviously drunk. She tends to be on the weekends.
"Can they come over or not."
"Fine! But stay the hell out my room!"

Finally. I swear, normally it's easier for her to say yes; just, when she's not drunk.