Chapter 1

Chloe POV

I awoke to the sound of my phone ringing. I tiredly reach over and grab it. I look at the caller id and it's an unknown caller. Ugh. I hit decline and place it down. I hide my face in my pillow and close my eyes. A couple seconds pass and my phone starts going off again. I raise my head up quickly and grab my phone again. I look at the caller and it's unknown once again. I hit decline and lay it down. I lay my head down and stare at the phone, waiting for it to ring again.

The phone makes a beep noise recalling I have a message. I raise an eyebrow and grab the phone. I turn on my back and hit the green button to hear the message back. I listen carefully. I jerk up and feel tears roll down my cheeks. My jaw drops and I stare at the wall. I pull the phone away from my ear and call the caller. "You better freaking answer," I say out loud. The phone hangs up and I pull the phone away and begin dialing 9-1-1 when my phone rings. I answer it, quickly. "Hello!"

"Chloe, you're up?" Aubrey sounded surprise. I shut my eyes as a single tear rolls down my left cheek.

"Ye-yeah," I whisper, softly.

"What's wrong?" She questions. I shake my head and look up at the ceiling.

"Nothing. Just a nightmare," I lied.

"Oh, great. Do you have the list for tomorrow?" Aubrey asks.

"Yeah."

"Great. See ya tomorrow morning. 8 am sharp!" And with that she hung up. I put the phone down and just sat there. Forgetting what I was doing before Aubrey called. And with 15 minutes passing my phone rang. I picked it up quickly and looked at the caller id. Unknown. Quickly I answer.

"Hello!?"

"Hi is this Chloe Beale?" Some woman's voice asks. I hesitate a moment then go ahead and answer.

"Yes, it is. Who is this?" I wait upon an answer but here sirens in the back ground. "What's going on?"

"Chloe if you could come to the hospital. Saint Mercy Hospital." I open my mouth to speak but the woman hangs up. I throw my phone and get out of the bed. I change my clothes as fast as I could and just threw my hair up into a bun. I slip on my shoes and go back to my bed to look for my phone. I search and search and soon find it underneath the blanket. I stuff it in my pocket and run out the door, down the stairs and out the front door. I get in the car me and the Bellas share. We share 2 cars. But I quickly start the engine and speed to the hospital.

Arriving to the hospital I go through the emergency way. I didn't even care if it was dangerous or not. I looked around and around when a doctor stops me. "Mam, are you alright?" He asked holding my arms, stopping me from walking. I didn't pay any attention. I looked around.

"I got her, doctor," that woman's voice on the phone spoke. I turn my head looking to the left and see a cop in uniform and I'm guessing a detective. "Will you come with us Ms. Beale?" I nodded my head and followed them to a door. I look inside and seen nobody.

"Is this a joke?" I questioned, pissed. The detective shakes her head from side to side. I roll my eyes. "If this isn't a joke then why I am?"

"Because you were the last caller Beca Mitchell had called before she attempted suicide."