UNEXPECTED MEETING // FIONN

That day was supposed to be like every other day on college life, exciting and full of opportunities that would shape your future.
You were lucky enough to get an education in London as you were surrounded by many theatres, they seemed to be at every corner when you wondered the streets from day to day. Acting was your passion and you had been a part of many theatre youth groups but you had to have other options if your dreams of acting didn't fall into place.

Today hadn't been the best day, you woke up late for your lecture and everyone had stared you down as you walked into the lecture room as you took your usual seat. Your professor looked at you and shook his head and carried on with the lesson. You were constantly put on the spot with the hardest questions and you seemed to get every single one of them wrong.

Emotions had been building up and up and the lecture seemed like it was never going to end, once your professor ended the lecture you sprinted out of the room with tears welling up in your eyes. You hated to be put on the spot as it made you feel weak and insecure.

You walked out of the campus and onto the streets of London, you started to cry and you felt so stupid, why were you so emotional? You needed to act tougher in a world that was constantly changing and pull yourself together. as you walked you realised you were in a street you'd never been down before. The only thing that made the street seem inviting was a café situated at the end of it. You walked towards it and opened the door that sounded a little bell as you went through it, there were only a few other people who seemed to be minding there own business and hadn't even noticed you and walked through the door.

The smell of coffee beans wafted to your nose, it was somehow comforting for you as you looked at your surroundings, the café was very welcoming and made you feel slightly better than you had sitting in that lecture room, a smile grew on your face and you felt content.

"Hi, is there anything I could get you?" You heard a voice say and you turned around. It was a boy who looked 20 years old at the most, he had dark hair and a smile on his face, he seemed like the quiet type but there was something about him that drew you closer that you couldn't help but stare.

"Um, would you like to see a menu?" He said looking at you, slightly confused. You snapped out of your thinking state, embarrassed and quickly ordered a coffee. You went and you sat by yourself in the corner, you looked at your phone and saw that it only had 11% so you put it back in your coat pocket. You looked to your left and saw that there was a bookcase, you went over and had a look running your fingers over the spines of the books. You decided to take a copy of Pride and Prejudice and sat back down at your table. You opened the book and got lost in the story of Elizabeth Bennett.

"Uh, sorry to disturb you, but I have your coffee." You hear and it's obviously the boy from just about 5 minutes ago.
"Oh thank you so much, Fee? No Fay? Fee-on?" You looked at his name tag and you couldn't quite manage to pronounce his name.

"It's pronounced Finn." He said smiling.
"I'm sorry, you must get that all the time, that must been so annoying I'm so sorry." You said, feeling stupid, how could you have not guessed?

"It's fine, don't apologise. So.. what brings you here today?" He said rather shyly.
"Oh well, I've never really been around this area of London before. You see I haven't had the best day and somehow I found myself here." You said as he looked at you intently.
"Do you want to talk about it?" He said, his cheeks turning slightly pink.
"Well it all started...." You started to say.

You told Fionn about your day and he listened to you intently until you finished. Your conversation didn't stop there, you figured out a lot about Fionn, he wanted to be an actor just like you but working in the café was just a job on the side to pay the bills. You sat with each other for what only seemed like half an hour but was actually the whole afternoon. Three coffees later Fionn's shift ended and you found yourself walking down the glittering streets of London with Fionn laughing at one of his jokes.

"Thank you." You said.
"For what?" Fionn asked, curious.
"For listening to my terrible sob story and sticking with me all afternoon, I mean I'm a stranger and you were willing just to sit there and listen." You said.
"I would love to do it again sometime. We could talk more about acting, I liked talking to you." He said as you could feel your cheeks heating up.

"Tomorrow? At the café?" You asked.
"It's a date." He said.
"Not a date, but you know what I mean." He said hurriedly, as he looked down at his feet embarrassed.
"Goodbye Fionn." You said smiling.
"Goodbye Y/N." He replied.

You then turned and walked away and you quickly looked back to get a last look at the boy that intrigued you so much to see him still looking at you as you walked away. He gave you a quick wave and you waved back laughing.
Butterflies erupted in your stomach as you carried on walking the busy streets of London thinking about when you would next meet.

A/N: im back :)