Part One

p.s.: image above is from greenpointloft.com

----

Lauren can't believe she's doing this. In fact, she's not entirely sure what she's about to do is legal and is semi-convinced she's actually in some messed up dream where she's crashing somebody's wedding. The first time she's seeing the bride in person and it's to ruin her wedding.

She doesn't even believe in weddings and marriages and all that. The raven-haired girl thinks the whole affair is archaic and has no real place in the modern world where there are a million and one ways to show your love to someone. But that may just be her commitment issues talking, which is a story for another day (or maybe a few pages down).

Anyway, commitment issues or not, what she's about to do can't be considered normal. Dinah is going to owe her a huge favor that's for sure. She doesn't quite remember how the Polynesian had successfully convinced her in making a complete ass of herself in some stranger's wedding. Well at least, the bride is a stranger, so worst case scenario: she'll never have to see anyone at this wedding ever again. Hopefully.

Lauren met Dinah Jane a few years back in a bar when the blonde Polynesian rescued her from some guys that were planning on taking advantage of her when she'd decided to dink herself into a stupor after her long-time girlfriend and childhood best friend shattered her heart when she determined that they just weren't good enough together anymore. That we'd grown apart, Laur. And I've just fallen out of love with you. Whatever the fuck that means.

Lauren couldn't ever remember picturing a future with anyone other than Lucy by her side.

It's always been Lauren and Lucy for as long as she's known - they've been best friends since kindergarten, stuck with one another through the ups and downs of high school, roomed together and finally started dating in college - they were inseparable, in sync, complementary, and so so in love.

Needless to say, she didn't quite know how to cope with the seemingly abrupt end of a relationship she never thought in a million years would ever actually come to an end. She's never really understood how someone could just "fall out of love" with someone because she sure as hell was as in love with Lucy the day that the brunette Latina decided to break her heart as the first time Lauren met the girl in their school's playground. Perhaps, she isn't as intuitive or as aware of other people's feelings as she had thought.

Back to the topic at hand, Lauren was not in a good place when Dinah had met her. The raven-haired girl hadn't recognized just how dependent she had been on Lucy until the girl was gone and it was only then that she realized that she didn't really have very many close friends, with whom she could talk or whose shoulder she could cry on. So, she ended up at a bar, drinking herself to an inevitable alcohol poisoning if it weren't for Dinah, who had been in the club with her friends to celebrate passing the bar exam and had been keeping a close eye on the raven-haired girl when she noticed a group of guys watching the increasingly inebriated girl.

So when Lauren was stumbling out of the bar with the group of guys hot on her heels, Dinah moved to sidle up next to the girl, who was too far gone to even really protest anything, and the blonde girl took the Latina to her home and made sure she was safe.

When the raven-haired haired girl woke up in a panic after realizing she was in a stranger's home, Dinah introduced herself and explained the events of last night, and from then on, they'd become the best of friends. They made quite the pair, both outgoing and slightly crazy. Dinah's boisterous personality actually mesh quite well with Lauren's i-won't-take-anyone's-shit character, and together, they got in loads of trouble, wreaking havoc across Manhattan.

So when Lauren says she doesn't know how she got roped into this whole mess, she's actually just being dramatic. Dinah had saved her more times than she can count. The girl will lay her life on the line for the raven-haired girl and she'd do the same in a heart beat. It doesn't make this any less nerve-wracking however. She hopes it won't be all for naught and that Dinah will actually end up with her happy ending after this whole mess blows over.