Final Part

Normani looks at her and wraps an arm around her shoulder while the girl snuggles closer. "You guys will be okay," she eventually says. She's always known how to comfort Camila in the simplest of ways.

"Yeah," Camila breathes out. "We will be."

Camila really hopes so.

And they really are okay. It's easy to forget what lingers on the back of their minds and the weight that persists at the base of their hearts when they get to sleep next to each other, bask in one another's warmth and love - the world and their worries unable to reach them in their bubble.

They're okay until Camila gets an invitation to her cousin Daniela's wedding.

Lauren is over at Camila's apartment, Dinah and Normani are off in their own world again, while the brunette is rifling through her mail at the kitchen counter. Lauren is in the living room, trying to set up the show they plan on watching for that night, when Camila's eyes land on a small envelope with elegant script on the front.

She's reading over it when she feels the raven-haired girl come up behind her and wrap strong arms around her midsection while leaning down to give her bare shoulder - the oversized shirt she's wearing having slipped down on one side - a short kiss before resting her chin on it.

"What you got there?" the green-eyed girl asks merrily as she looks over the girl's shoulder.

"An invitation to my cousin's wedding," she turns her head slightly to look at the girl while she gives her a small smile, trying to get a read on her reaction.

Lauren doesn't give anything away as she meets her girlfriend's eyes. "That's cool, you going?"

Camila looks down for the briefest moment before turning around completely in the raven-haired girl's hold and putting her own arms around the taller girl's neck, while Lauren's immediately rest around her waist.

"Yeah," she answers softly. "Daniela and I were really close growing up, so," she shrugs. "I mean I love Sofi, I do," she says with a twinkle in her eye. "But Daniela was like the older sister I never had and she helped me with all that high school angst stuff," she lets out a small chuckle.

After looking into one another's eyes for a few more moments, the brunette leans forward in the slightest bit, her lips ghosting Lauren's when she whispers, "I'd like you to be my date, Miss Jauregui."

When Lauren doesn't answer immediately, too caught up in Camila's lips mere inches away from hers, the brunette takes it as hesitance and pulls back a little, managing to smile through her words. "But I understand if you don't want to go," she says softly.

Lauren snaps out of it and when she meets the girl's eyes, her heart constricts at the sight. She hates that she's the reason for the sadness in her favorite brown eyes and she wonders how long it will be before it tears them apart. She puts that in the back of her mind for now, happy to savor whatever time she may have with Camila.

She gives the smaller girl a genuine look and leans forward to give her a soft smile - the smile Camila knows is only meant for her so she can be sure that she means her next words. "Of course I'll be your date. I'll always want to be wherever you are, love."

The way the light returns to her girl's eyes, Lauren finds herself okay again. "You're too good with your words, you know that?" the brunette replies while playfully poking Lauren in the cheek.

The green-eyed girl only shrugs as she smiles cheekily, "It comes in handy."

At Lauren's response, Camila lets out a laugh, unguarded and carefree, and just like that, all is right in their world again.