Version 2

Version #2 of my Narrative. Help me decide whether I should turn in the previous one or this one. Please share your thoughts and suggestions. In short, HELP ME GET AN A!!!

P.S. This story is inspired by A Pearl Jam song

Days can be compared to art. A piece of art could mean the most joyous thoughts for one. Or, it could mean the darkest of thoughts for another. In the same way, a particular day could hold memories of glee or memories of woe.

March 22, 2017 held a lot of significance for a number of people. To My Chemical Romance fans, it's the anniversary of the band's end. To James Patterson fans, it's his birthday. For the rest of the world, it was an ordinary day. To me, it's a day that started out as the best day of my life and ended as the worst day of my existence.

"Home?" I placed my hands on top of Sadie's hand. She looked up from her phone, turning her attention to me. I gave her a smile, in which she responded with a smile of her own. As usual, she looked beautiful as ever.

"Yeah." Sadie replied. "You know how my dad can be." She sighed. "He doesn't know what I find attractive about you." She added.

"What do you find attractive about me?" I wondered. The engine revved to life as I stepped in the accelerator. "Is it my smile?" I asked. "Or my devilish charm?"

"That makes me seem shallow." Sadie playfully punched me on the shoulder. "I definitely did not like you for your ego." She announced. "I liked you because despite being labeled as a popular kid," she began. "You didn't care about what people thought about you."

"You-," Sadie cut me off by turning on the radio. I shook my head in disbelief. She wanted to have the last word. We continued to drive in silence. The only sound I could hear was the aggressive instrumentals of a heavy metal song. To my surprise, Sadie enjoyed the song.

It was hard to keep my eyes on the road. Especially, when the most beautiful girl in the world was on the passenger seat, waving her head to the beat of the music. For a quick second our eyes met. She smiled and turned her head away again. What did I do to deserve someone as lovable as her?

"I love you." I announced. "You know that?" Sadie lowered the music down. "I love you." I restated.

"I love you too." She responded in a matter of seconds. "I always have." She smiled. I held her gaze again. In my mind, I could see a future. A future in which we are married.

Unfortunately, all good things come to an end. Mine ended in March 22, 2018. It was the worst day to love Sadie. It was the worst day to live. There's only one reason why.

I was busy looking at Sadie when suddenly, she let out a scream. "Derek!watch out!" Sadie pointed at the road ahead. A car swerved into our lane. Instantly, my heart dropped, my face paled. And, as if time slowed down, I could see the tiniest details that I wouldn't notice in normal circumstances. Before I knew it, my car had already collided with the other one.
"I love you." Sadie whispered before it happened.

A bright light welcomed me as soon as I woke up. At first, I thought I was in the afterlife. That was until I heard my mom's voice, breaking down on my right. On my left, I could hear a nurse trying to calm my mom down. My entire body felt like it was on fire. If I tired to move an inch, a sharp pain would erupt.

"Can you tell me your name?" An unfamiliar voice asked. I didn't respond. "Stay with me." He stated. I couldn't see anything clear. All I saw was blurry faces surrounding me in a moving motion. "Can you tell me how old you are?"

"Derek," I mumbled. "Derek Thomas, 16." I added. "Where's Sadie?" I asked. "Sadie Dela Rosa?" Heavy breaths took over my barely conscious mind. No one responded to my question. "Please."

"It's best if you find out later." The nurse responded. There was a heart wrenching pain I felt. It was more painful than what I felt physically. All of a sudden, the hopes and dreams I planned for the future was thrown in the trash can. Worst of all, it only took seven minutes to destroy the future I have set for twenty years.

Death is inevitable. It's bound to happen in the future. We all know that the ones we love are going to die. But, no matter how long we prepare ourselves for the inevitable, it still hurts  knowing that the person you love will only be able to live in your memories.